Thursday, April 07, 2011

I Want My Music Television - 4/7/11


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

You Are a Tourist – Death Cab for Cutie



For those that missed it, Death Cab for Cutie filmed this music video live via Ustream in one take and definitely gets an A for ambition for that. But a part of me wishes something would have went horribly wrong. I’m sure the video would have gotten much more press had it happened.


Stone Rollin' - Raphael Saadiq



We are about a month out until the new Raphael Saadiq album hits shelves and the singles he has been dropping keep on getting better.


Long Time - Cake



Cake does not get the credit it deserves for coming up with some creative music videos and their latest takes a morbid turn. I was screaming for the monkey to climb out the hatch and unload the door from the outside.


I'll Be Waiting - Michael Franti & Spearhead



Who would have guessed a Michael Franti and Spearhead career resurgence a decade and a half after being deemed Buzzworthy that never really materialized into mainstream success? Now he has finally bust through with a string of great tracks including this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment