I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on The Path, Conan, Showtime Boxing, Homeland, The Affair, and Telemondo.
- We’re excited to announce the Hulu Original The Path will premiere on March 30, 2016. The Path follows a family at the center of a controversial cult as they struggle with relationships, faith and power. Each episode takes an in-depth look at the gravitational pull of belief and what it means to choose between the life we live and the life we want. The series comes to Hulu from Universal Television and Jason Katims’ True Jack Productions and was created by Jessica Goldberg who will write and executive-produce the series, along with Katims and Michelle Lee of True Jack Productions. The 10-episode series stars Aaron Paul, Michelle Monaghan, Hugh Dancy, and Rockmond Dunbar.
The Path on Hulu — Join the movement on March 30, 2016
Follow us. The Path premieres March 30, 2016, only on Hulu.Posted by The Path on Tuesday, December 8, 2015
- The Force will be with TBS this month when the late-night series Conan welcomes the cast of the highly anticipated Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Stars Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Lupita Nyong’o and Gwendoline Christie, along with director J.J. Abrams will all join host Conan O'Brien on Thursday, Dec. 17, at 11 p.m. (ET/PT) for what's certain to be a blockbuster show.
- For the first time ever, a boxing match has been released in its entirety in 360 degree immersive virtual reality, as Showtime captured the shocking first round TKO from Saturday night’s main event between WBA Middleweight World Champion Daniel Jacobs’ and previously undefeated challenger Peter Quillin. The all-Brooklyn main event has been made available in 360 video from ring-side, giving fans an unprecedented boxing experience. The virtual reality video engrosses viewers in the matchup of the top middleweights, facing off in the prime of their career, where Brooklyn’s Jacobs (31-1, 28 KOs) won the “Battle For Brooklyn.” The 360 footage is viewable on the Showtime Sports’ YouTube channel*, the Showtime Boxing Facebook page, on the Samsung Gear VR via the MILK VR app and Littlestar VR apps for Samsung Gear VR, iOS and Android.
- In advance of the final two episodes of the current seasons of its hit fall drama series, Showtime has picked up a sixth season of Homeland and ordered a third season of The Affair. Showtime currently has the top two rated scripted series on premium television in the fourth quarter, with Homeland and The Affair (ranked based on Live+SD, L+3 and L+7 ratings). Homeland season five stars Emmy®, Screen Actors Guild® and Golden Globe® Award winner Claire Danes, Emmy nominee Rupert Friend and Emmy and Tony® winner Mandy Patinkin. The Affair season two stars Golden Globe nominee Dominic West, Golden Globe winner Ruth Wilson, Emmy Award nominee Maura Tierney and Screen Actors Guild nominee Joshua Jackson. Both series air on Sunday nights starting at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Showtime.
- A new national poll released this week by Telemundo, MSNBC and the Marist College Institute for Public Opinion finds that in a hypothetical match-up for the Presidential elections, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, 52%, leads businessman Donald Trump, 41%, by double digits and is ahead of Texas Senator Ted Cruz by seven points, 51% for Clinton to 44% for Cruz. However, the race tightens when Clinton is matched against former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, Florida Senator Marco Rubio, and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson. Clinton edges Bush by four points, Rubio by three points, and she is in a virtual tie with Carson. The poll also finds that all of the mentioned Republicans candidates, except Trump, are getting a greater proportion of Latino voters than either Romney or McCain did in their presidential bids against Obama.