I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on Triumph’s Summer Election Special 2016, Cypress Hill: Live from Austin, Three Days of Terrorr: The Charlie Hebdo Attacks, Martha & Snoop’s Dinner Party, Sully erna, MTV Video Music Awards, and The Affair.
- In Triumph’s Summer Election Special 2016, Triumph makes his return to the Presidential campaign trail, covering delegates, protesters, and the major players as they descend on Cleveland and Philadelphia for the Republican and Democratic conventions, respectively. Triumph has already made headlines conducting a live show directly behind Wolf Blitzer’s panel and commandeering a Westboro Baptist Church demonstration.
- Tune in to the AUDIENCE Network special Cypress Hill: Live from Austin airing Friday, August 12, at 9:00 PM ET/PT on DIRECTV Ch 239/U-verse Ch 1114. The electrifying rooftop performance and interview with the iconic, multi-platinum, hip-hop group was filmed live this past March in Austin, TX. Cypress Hill is currently on a worldwide tour celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the band's self-titled debut album (released August 13, 1991).
- Three Days of Terrorr: The Charlie Hebdo Attacks (debuting Sept. 19 on HBO) is a searing account of the January 2015 terror attacks on Paris which combined the last attack in Europe by Al-Qaeda and the first attack in Europe inspired by ISIS, following the militant group’s self-proclamation in June 2014. The horrific events began on January 7, 2015, when two brothers – members of Al-Qaeda in Yemen – stormed the Paris offices of the satiric weekly Charlie Hebdo, killing 11 people and injuring 11 others before also killing a French police officer. As a massive manhunt for the elusive killers was mounted, an additional 5 people were murdered and 11 wounded over the next two days, which included a harrowing stand-off between police and a gunman, pledging allegiance to ISIS, holding hostages at a kosher supermarket. With unprecedented investigative depth, including exclusive access to hostages, survivors, police, paramilitaries, and intelligence findings and evidence, as well as never before seen footage and photographs, Emmy®-nominated filmmaker Dan Reed (HBO’s “Terror at the Mall”) highlights the courage and resilience of Parisian police and citizens in the face of mass murder.
- VH1, in partnership with Sequential Brands Group, MERRY JANE and 495 Productions, this week announced a new weekly series featuring Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg teaming together to throw a dinner party that will be the hottest ticket in town. Each will invite celebrity friends over for a half-baked evening of cocktails, cooking, conversation, and fun where nothing is off limits. Martha & Snoop’s Dinner Party (working title) will premiere this Fall on VH1.
- Sully Erna--founder, vocalist, guitarist and songwriter for the multi-platinum rock band Godsmack--will release a new solo album Hometown Life Friday, September 30 via BMG. Composed by SULLY on piano and acoustic guitar and produced in his New Hampshire studio, HOMETOWN LIFE offers a departure from the tribal, world music feel and experimentation on 2010's Avalon; the new album's 10 songs are more accessible, sonically and musically precise.
- The MTV Video Music Awards will bestow Rihanna with its highest honor, the “Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award,” for her decade-long impact on music, pop culture, fashion, film and philanthropy. Rihanna will perform during the ceremony LIVE from New York’s iconic Madison Square Garden on Sunday, August 28 at 9:00.
- BAFTA and César Award-nominated Irène Jacob, often called the preeminent French actress of her generation, has joined the season three cast of the Golden Globe®-winning Showtime® drama series The Affair in a major season-long arc. Jacob will play Juliette Le Gall, a new love interest of Noah's (Dominic West), running from her own secrets, who helps him process a trauma from his past and understand himself a little better. Season three is currently in production in New York, and will premiere on Sunday, November 20th at 10:00 on Showtime.