I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on Stephen Colbert’s Live Election Night Democracy’s Series Finale: Who’s Going To Clean Up This Sh*t?, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Your Brain on Video Games, The Race Card, Zero Days, Conan, The 50th Annual CMA Awards, the National Geographic Channel, and Major League Baseball.
- Showtime has released a new “presidential” teaser for its live election special, Stephen Colbert’s Live Election Night Democracy’s Series Finale: Who’s Going To Clean Up This Sh*t? The special is a partnership between The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and SHOWTIME, featuring Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning late night host Stephen Colbert. Colbert will bring his unique comedic perspective, political satire and social commentary to Showtime live on Tuesday, November 8 at 11:00 on air, on demand and over the internet.
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers will commemorate the 40th anniversary of their self-titled debut album by releasing two companion vinyl box sets featuring their entire studio album repertoire via UMe and Reprise/Warner Bros. Records. Several of these albums have been out of print on vinyl for years and all albums have been remastered for this release except where noted. All LPs in each of the limited-edition box sets will be pressed on 180-gram vinyl with replica artwork.
- Next week on TBS, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee will feature a thought-provoking interview with President Barack Obama. A legal scholar and former junior Senator from Illinois, Mr. Obama has served the past eight years as the President of the United States of America. Samantha Bee's interview of President Obama will air on TBS Monday, Oct. 31, at 10:30.
- Often scrutinized for crude violence, many have accused video games of increasing aggressive behavior, especially among impressionable youths. Violent video games remain a controversial subject and as the demographic for gaming widens, researchers are diving deeper into the mainstream perception that video games have hidden negative effects on otherwise peaceful people. Science Channel explores the effects of video games on the human psyche in Your Brain on Video Games which premieres Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 9:00.
- The first promo spot for TNT's provocative new series The Race Card, starring Charles Barkley, can be seen below.
- With global attention on cyber warfare intensifying in recent weeks thanks to the latest WikiLeaks email releases, Russian hack attacks, and with less than two weeks until the U.S. presidential election, SHOWTIME today announced it has accelerated the world television premiere date of Zero Days to Saturday, Nov. 5 at 9:00. As the subject continues to make headlines across the U.S and world, this film becomes more relevant and powerful documentary as viewers are being confronted by these issues in their daily lives.
- TBS's late-night show Conan will be heading back to New York City for the first time since 2011 for a week of shows airing Oct. 31 – Nov. 3. Joining host Conan O'Brien during the week will be special guests Louis C.K., Ryan Reynolds and Tracy Morgan, along with comedian Rory Scovel, the band The Sugar Hill Gang and more. Taped at Harlem's legendary Apollo Theater, the week of episodes will kick off the beginning of CONAN's eighth year on TBS, a division of Turner. It will also continue O'Brien's string of innovative road show broadcasts from cities across the United States and around the globe. The preliminary schedule for Conan in NYC is included below, with additional guests and musical performances to be announced soon:
CONAN in NYC
Monday, Oct. 31: Musical guest The Sugar Hill Gang
Tuesday, Nov. 1: Louis C.K.
Wednesday, Nov. 2: Ryan Reynolds and comedian Rory Scovel
Thursday, Nov. 3: Tracy Morgan
- AT&T* is giving Country Music fans a front row seat at The 50th Annual CMA Awards red carpet. AUDIENCE® Network presents an exclusive look at the "AT&T CMA Awards Red Carpet" show hosted by Bobby Bones, host of iHeartRadio's nationally syndicated radio program "The Bobby Bones Show," and a performance by Country Music star Chris Janson. Janson's "Buy Me A Boat" was named Country Song of the Year at the iHeartRadio Music Awards in May.
- From the top of One World Trade Center, National Geographic announced today an extensive global rebrand across the company’s world-class media platforms, experiences and nonprofit organization. This evolution further builds on last year’s expanded joint venture with 21st Century Fox and cements National Geographic’s position as a leader in premium content with an unparalleled global reach. The rebrand will touch every aspect of National Geographic (at both the for-profit National Geographic Partners and the nonprofit National Geographic Society), including the visual presentation of the global channels in 171 countries, the iconic magazine, nationalgeographic.com, all of the company’s social and digital platforms and the National Geographic headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Major League Baseball and Shout! Factory, a multi-platform media company, announced a new entertainment distribution alliance for the annual World Series film and World Series Collector’s Edition box set. The announcement was made today by Chris Tully, Executive Vice President, Media for Major League Baseball and Shout! Factory’s founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos.
- Today Main Street Alliance (MSA) released its first political web ad, featuring MSA Executive Committee member and small business owner Kelly Conklin. A poll conducted in September found nearly 60 percent of small business owners siding with Donald Trump. With less than two weeks until Election Day, Conklin, owner of Foley-Waite LLC, a woodworking company in Kenilworth, New Jersey, makes his case against a Trump presidency. “Donald Trump is a recession waiting to happen,” Kelly says. “And on November 8th you have a choice, whether we are going to go ahead on a steady course or whether we are going to plunge the country into one of its darkest eras ever. The master of disaster or a proven entity who can do the job."