I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on Dark Matter, The Draft, The Wonder Years, BarkFest Weekend, Geeks Who Drink, Megadeath, and Human Voice.
- The official trailer for Syfy's Dark Matter. Premieres June 12 at 10:00.
- The United States military draft has always stirred controversy, exposing fault lines in race, class and culture. PBS’ The Draft explores the turbulent history of the draft, from the Revolutionary War to present, including the debate over its termination. Airing Monday, April 27 at 9:00, The Draft is the first program to air as part of PBS’ special block of programming related to the Vietnam War.
- In The Wonder Years: The Complete Third Season, the newest retail installment of the fan-favorite series, the education of Kevin Arnold continues. He gets his first French kiss during an otherwise forgettable family vacation at the beach, and once back in school, he goes to his first make-out party. The boyfriend-girlfriend thing still puzzles him; his relationship with Winnie (Danica McKellar) and Paul (Josh Saviano) simply adds to the confusion. Cars enter the picture when his knucklehead brother Wayne (Jason Hervey) gets his driver's license. And the young Kevin flirts with potential rock 'n' roll stardom after new kid Larry Beeman (Joshua Miller) gets The Electric Shoes up and running. Street Date: May 26, 2015.
- Nat Geo WILD is gearing up for a weekend of all bark, no bite TV featuring some of the smartest, most unique and cutest canines in the world. There will be surfing dogs, service dogs, games to find out if your dog is a genius, Cesar Millan marathons and much more. Calling all dog lovers! Nat Geo WILD’s inaugural BarkFest weekend features the world premiere of the three-part series Is Your Dog a Genius?, beginning Friday, May 15, at 10:00 and continuing Saturday and Sunday at 10:00. Duke University dog scientist Dr. Brian Hare uses his groundbreaking research to help dog owners better understand their canine companions. He introduces at-home games that reveal your dog’s personality and introduces us to extraordinary dogs with remarkable problem-solving abilities. This interactive series will help dog owners everywhere unlock their canine’s true potential. BarkFest kicks off with World’s Greatest Dogs on Friday, May 15, at 8:00. These are the stories of extraordinary dogs: a surfing therapy dog, a bionic dog, a dog with the world record in scootering and many more. We’ll meet these incredible canines and their dedicated owners.
- Syfy announced today that Zachary Levi, star of NBC’s Chuck and upcoming Heroes Reborn, will executive produce and host the game show Geeks Who Drink through one of his production arms, The Nerd Machine. The weekly series is based on the pub trivia contest of the same name, which has become a nationwide phenomenon with more than 25,000 people participating in over 600 bars across 35 states. Produced by Kinetic Contact (Married at First Sight, Little Women, The Taste) and Condé Nast Entertainment, Geeks Who Drink will premiere on Syfy Thursday, July 16th.
- PledgeMusic is excited to announce their partnership Megadeth. The band has entered the studio to begin recording their 15th album and they want to bring you along for the ride. For the first time, Megadeth is going to bring you into the studio to be a part of the recording process, and give you a window into the world of Dave Mustaine, Kiko Loureiro, David Ellefson and Chris Adler. Some of the exclusive items available when you pledge are a pre-order the album digitally, on CD or vinyl, a signed copy of Dave Mustaine's book, a signed copy of David Ellefson's book, a 2-hour guitar lesson with Dave Mustaine, a day in the studio with Megadeth, signed guitars, Chris Adler's drum kit, a disposable camera with one-of-a-kind photos from the studio, a jam session with the band and much more.
- Turner Classic Movies (TCM) will host the U.S. Television premiere of filmmaker Edoardo Ponti’s short film Human Voice, starring Sophia Loren as part of the networks five-film tribute to the actress on Tuesday, April. 21. The evening is scheduled to kick off at 8 p.m. (ET) with the U.S. television debut of the internationally acclaimed Human Voice (2013), directed by Loren’s son Edoardo Ponti, based on Jean Cocteau's iconic one woman play of the same name. Human Voice, directed by Edoardo Ponti, tells the story of a woman in her twilight years, who rides the emotional roller coaster of her last telephone conversation with the man she loves as he is leaving her for another woman. The film earned Loren the 2014 David Di Donatello award for her performance and was also the Official Selection at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival, the 2014 Tribeca Film Festival and the 2014 HollyShorts Film Festival.