I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Haven, Drugs Inc., Betty White, and Jersey Shore.
- Jerry Bruckheimer (along with Michael Bay) are everything that is wrong with movies these days and Nicholas Cage seems to say yes to the biog blockbusters that no one else is willing to slum it for. Yet when the two teamed up for the National Treasures movies, they turned out entertaining. So I am cautiously optimistic with their latest collaboration The Sorcerer’s Apprentice which also stars the highly likeable Jay Baruchel (Tropic Thunder) and the moderately attractive Teresa Palmer (Bedtime Stories). The tagline for the movie is The Coolest Job Ever and now you can enter The Coolest Job Ever Sweepstakes where you become an apprentice for a day for a Disney Imagineer at Disneyland in California. And to get you ready for the release of the movie July 14, here is a five minute extended scene:
- As I mentioned earlier, Haven premieres tonight at 10:00 (preceded an hour earlier by the return of Eureka), here is a sneak peak of the show:
- Also premiering this weekend is a miniseries Drugs Inc. that will focus on specific drugs. Cocaine (8:00) and methamphetamine (9:00) on Sunday and heroin (9:00) and marijuana (10:00) on Monday. Here is a preview of the Cocaine episode:
- Just when you thought 2010 was a big year for Betty White, get geared up for twelve months of her next year with the 2011 Betty White calendar. The calendar will go on sale in September at $12.99 with proceeds going to the Morris Animal Foundation.
- The MLB All-Star game is coming up soon, Travel Expert Nicole Hockin interviewed Joellen Ferrer of StubHub on how to get hard to get tickets to your favorite events and other traveling tips.
- Personally, I am hoping Jersey Shore goes the way of Joe Millionaire, one season then no one cares anymore, but that is not going to stop crafty marketers like Three-O Bubble vodka to come up with their own Jersey Shore specialty drinks like the Snooki approved Snooki Bubble Up (3/4 oz. lemon-lime soda, 3/4 oz. cranberry juice; 1 oz. Three-O Bubble vodka; Combine ingredients with ice; garnish with a lime wedge).