I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on TNT summer schedule, Elisabeth Moss, Carol Burnett Night, The Collection, House Arrest, Bob Marley, Showtime Sports, Oprah's Master Class, Sons of Anarchy, Outnumber Hunger Live!, General Hospital, and The Walking Dead.
- Spring may have just started this week (in the strictest calendar sense, it is still bitterly old here) but TNT just released their summer television schedule featuring nine series including four new ones. Watch the video foe a preview or just go straight to the days and times below:
The Hero: New competition series hosted by The Rock premieres Thursday, June 6 at 8:00
72 Hours: New competition series hosted by Brandon Johnson premieres Thursday, June 6 at 9:00
Falling Skies: Two hour Season 3 premieres Sunday, June 9 at 9:00 (regular timeslot start the following week at 10:00)
Major Crimes: Season 2 premieres Monday, June 10 at 9:00 with new cast member Nadine Velazquez (My Name Is Earl)
King and Maxwell: New series starring Jon Tenney and Rebecca Romijn premieres Monday, June 10 at 10:00 Rizzoli and Isles: Season 4 premieres Tuesday, June 18 at 9:00
Perception: Season 2 premieres Tuesday, June 18 at 10:00
Franklin and Bash: Season 3 premiere Wednesday, July 24 at 9:00 with new cast member Heather Locklear
Cold Justice (working title): New unscripted procedural drama premieres Tuesday, August 27 at 10:00
- In the most recently issue of New York Times Magazine, Elisabeth Moss discuses if she thinks the Don-Peggy relationship will be consummated (“I hope not”), on being a scientologist, and the lessons she learned from being married to Fred Armisen .
- PBS announced “Carol Burnett Night,” Tuesday, April 9, 2013, featuring two shows that chronicle the longtime success of a beloved television comedy star. An encore of the 90-minute AMERICAN MASTERS “Carol Burnett: A Woman of Character” leads the night, followed by a 30-minute encore edition of the PBS series PIONEERS OF TELEVISION, called “Carol Burnett and the Funny Ladies"— in which iconic TV stars discuss Burnett’s legacy and her influence on contemporary comedy stars.
- Out on DVD next week include horror movie The Collection starring Josh Stewart and comedy House Arrest starring Stacey Dash and The Game.
- This year marks the 35th anniversary of Bob Marley & The Wailers’ now classic, 1978 release, Kaya. To celebrate, on April 23, 2013, Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) will release Kaya: 35th Anniversary Deluxe Edition (Island/Tuff Gong/UMe), an expanded, two-CD collection featuring 24 tracks, all completely remastered to the highest modern standards.
- SHOWTIME Sports has scheduled more than 100 hours of diverse boxing and documentary programming across broadcast television, cable television, premium television, and digital portals in advance of the upcoming SHOWTIME PPV presentation of MAY DAY—the mega-event headlined by boxing’s No. 1 pound-for-pound titlist Floyd “Money” Mayweather’s welterweight world championship defense against Four-Division World Champion Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero, Saturday, May 4 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
- Singer/songwriter Stevie Nicks discusses her mother’s recent passing, her bold approach that led to a legendary musical partnership with Lindsey Buckingham, her band Fleetwood Mac, her decision to forgo marriage to pursue her music, the mistakes she has made including marrying her friend’s husband, her challenges with drugs and getting clean on this Sunday’s episode of Oprah’s Master Class at 10:00 on OWN.
- It's been several decades since Katey Sagal sang back-up for Bob Dylan, Bette Milder and Etta James, but the Sons of Anarchy star says that in spite of her success as an actress, music is still her true passion. So it’s with that in mind that a touring show was put together— KATEY SAGAL: An Evening of Music and the Cast of Sons of Anarchy. The first tour dates will consist of a Midwest run April 18 through 21 (dates and information below).
Tour Dates: 4/18/13 Kansas City, MO @ The Midland Theater 4/19/13 Milwaukee, WI @ Riverside Theater 4/20/13 Minneapolis, MN @ Mill City Nights 4/21/13 Chicago, IL @ Vic Theater
- AXS TV and Big Machine Label Group will broadcast a special two-hour concert event on Saturday, April 6, from Las Vegas. Platinum-selling sibling trio The Band Perry will headline Outnumber Hunger Live! and will be joined by labelmates Brantley Gilbert, Justin Moore, Florida Georgia Line, Greg Bates and Cassadee Pope. More information on how to make a difference in your local community with Outnumber Hunger is available at OutnumberHunger.com.
- In celebration of General Hospital’s 50th anniversary, SOAPnet is airing an unprecedented 50-hour marathon of classic episodes from the beloved series, starting Friday, March 29th at 10pm ET/PT and running through Monday, April 1 at 12:00am ET/PT (Sunday night/Monday morning). The marathon kicks off with the very first episode from 1963, and will include shows from every decade. The stunt leads up to the very special 50th anniversary episode of “General Hospital,” airing on Monday, April 1 on ABC (2:00-3:00 p.m. ET//1:00 p.m. PT/CT) and SOAPnet (9:00PM ET/PT, encore at 12:00AM ET/PT).
- The Walking Dead: Original Soundtrack – Vol. 1, which features the Greene Girls version of The Parting Glass from a couple episodes again, is now available on Rdio, the groundbreaking digital music streaming service, and you do not even have to leave this page to listen: