Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I Want My Music Television: 3/19/13



There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Whisper in the Dark – Mumford and Sons


Mumford and Sons shot four videos for their latest single, but why release them separately when you can combine then into one? The lower left is my favorite.


22 - Taylor Swift


Taylor Swift with cat ears is way more attractive than it should be.


Radioactive - Imagine Dragons


I really have not put much thought into Imagine Dragons, they are good at what they do: soundtrack for movie trailers, nothing more and nothing less. And I really did not give much thought to them unless the latest sci-fi trailer is released. But I am a bit disappointed that I am just learning that their music video features a killer Care Bear, Lou Diamond Philips, and Adam Braverman’s hot assistant.


By Crooked Steps - Soundgarden


Who knew Soundgarden had a sense of humor? Though I have a feeling the thirteen year old version of myself would have hated Soundgarden doing basically a Foo Fighters type video (this was directed by Dave Grohl).

No comments:

Post a Comment