Saturday, September 15, 2012
Green Day is releasing an album this month. Actually they are releasing a trio of albums over the next couple months. And since it is September I thought I would put their Wake Me Up When September Ends into iTunes Genius feature and these are the tracks they gave back to me. As always leave your guesses, both artist and song title, in the comment section (or e-mail me). If you are correct I will un-bold the lyric and give you credit. Please keep in mind the lyrics quiz is for entertainment purposes only so please only use your own meandering mind to guess them.
1. So here’s your holiday. Hope you enjoyed it this time. You gave it all away. It was mine. So when you’re dead and gone, will you remember this night? Twenty years now lost.
2. I guess it ain’t easy doing nothing at all. But hey man free rides don’t come along everyday.
3. Suddenly I’m not half the man I used to be. There’s a shadow hanging over me.
4. I wish I was like you: easily amused. Find my nest of salt, everything’s my fault.
5. Sit around and watch the phone but no one’s calling. Call me pathetic, call me what you will.
6. It’s all about the exposure, the lens, I told her. The angles are all wrong. Now she’s ripping wings off of butterflies.
7. Don’t forget to call my lawyers with ridiculous demands. And you can take the pity so far. But it’s more than I can stand.
8. I never thought I’d walk away from you. I did. But it’s a false sense of accomplishment.
9. You know the day destroys the night. Night divides the day.
10. I ain’t got a fever, got a permanent disease. And it’ll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy.
11. The lunatic is on the grass. Remembering games, and daisy chains and laughs. Git to keep the loonies on the path.
12. He spends his nights in California watching the stars on the big screen. And then he lies awake and wonders, why can’t that be me?
13. Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room. Young girl, violin(ence) center o her own attention.
14. When I read the letters you wrote me, you made me mad, mad, mad.
15. Don’t know what I’m going do about this feeling inside. Yes it’s true, loneyness toke me for a ride. Without your love, I’m nothing g but a beggar. Without your love: a dog without a bone.
16. You say you stand by your man. Tell me something I don’t understand. You say you loved me and that’s a fact. And then you left me. Said you felt trapped.
17. Where’s it going t get you acting serious? Things are never going to be quite what you want. Even at twenty-five you got to start something.
18. And the northern girls with the way they kiss, they keep their boyfriends warm at night.
19. I’m going down shoot my old lady, you know I caught her messing ‘round with another man.
20. Do what I want ‘cause I can and if I don’t because I wanna. Be ignored by the stiff and the bored because I wanna.
21. Here’s a toast to all those that hear me all too well.
22. Somewhere, somehow, somebody must have kicked you around some. Who knows why you wanna lay there and revel in your abandon?
23. Into the flood again, same old trip it was back then. So I made a big mistake. Try to see it once my way.
24. I'd be your lover, if you were there. Put your hurt on me, if you dare. Such a woman, you got style. You make every man feel like a child.
25. Feeling uninspired, think I'll start a fire. Everybody run, Bobby’s got a gun.