Monday, August 06, 2012

I Want My Music Television - 8/6/12


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Miriam - Norah Jones


Norah Jones continues her path of destruction with what looks to be a sequel (prequel possibly) to her Happy Pill video. Hopefully the trilogy ends better than Spider-Man 3.


Queen of California - John Mayer



I am always a fan of one take music videos (okay, there are a couple obvious cuts here) and it looks like John Mayer is continuing his mountain recluse look at least on screen because after disappearing to the plains of Montana the last couple years after being humiliated because of his high profile relationships, he was quick to be seen with the recently single Katy Perry just a month after his album was released. I wonder what Vegas has for the Over/Under of a Playboy style interview.


Blown Away - Carrie Underwood


You may think to yourself that you may not need a artsy black and white dramatic turn from Carrie Underwood, and after watching this video, you will probably be right. C’mon, if you are going to go back between black and white and color featuring a twister, just go full The Wizard of Oz.


My Oh My - Tristan Prettyman>


I liked the folksy vibe of her first two album making Tristan Prettyman a female Jack Johnson. With that background it is a little weird to see her dancing around in the first video from her upcoming album.

No comments:

Post a Comment