I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on Treme, Go On, Dallas, Grimm, Evancho: Music of the Movies, Sons of Anarchy, Nelly Furtado, H+, US Soccer, Hard Time, Lena Dunham, The Avett Brothers, Black Entertainment magazine, and TruTV.
- Treme is set to return to HBO on Sunday 9/23 at 9:00 and here is your first look at the third season.
- Missed Go On after the Olympics? Head over to NBC.com to watch the entire premiere for free.
- For those who cannot wait to see what happens next after the Dallas finale, which was seen by 4.3 million viewers, you will only have to wait until January to see what the Barnes family has for the Ewing’s.
- Grimm is getting an early start Monday, a day after the Olympics closes and if you need to a refresher, you can download the all new Grimm EBook for freen on iTunes. And of course prior to Grimm will be new reality series Stars Earn Stripes.
- Premiering tomorrow on PBS (check your local listings) is Jackie Evancho: Music of the Movies where the twelve year old will be singing My Heart Will Go On, Some Enchanted Evening, and many more.
- If you follow Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter on Twitter, and the show returns with a bigger rating than season four, you could win a trip to Los Angeles to watch a future episode with him and the cast. Head over to SutterInk.blogspot.com for all the details.
- Swagger New York recently sat down with Nelly Furtado and talked about how Odd Future is the new Nirvana and why she chooses Timberlake over Bieber in the battle of Justins.
- Do not look to the big screen for Bryan Singer’s (X-Men: First Class) next project, instead head to YouTube for H+ about a futuristic online series, where the human race is hardwired to the Internet starring Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s Alexis Denisof.
- The American women Soccer team took home gold yesterday and they may have Brendan James to thank because they used his song The Lucky Ones for a pregame and when the singer found this out he created a video to root them on including a live performance of the song, check it out on YouTube. In other US Soccer news, check out the op-ed about the team on TakePart.com.
- When Hard Time returns next Tuesday at 9:00 on the National Geographic Channel, the new season will begin with two “Best Of” episodes then twelve episodes on Las Vegas’ Detention Center.
- In The New Yorker this week, Lena Dunham recalls the heartbreak of her first love.
- Gap recently launched it6s fall Shine campaign with help from The Avett Brothers, check them out below:
- In the August issue of Black Entertainment magazine, President Obama sits down with Editor-in-Chief Derek T. Dingle for an exclusive Q&A to address the needs, concerns and criticism from the black community.
- TruTV just released their fall television schedule and here it is:
Killer Karaoke – New series premieres Friday, Oct. 19, at 9:00
South Beach Tow – Season 2 premieres Wednesday, Sept. 19, at 9:30
Operation Repo – Season 10.1 premieres Wednesday, Sept. 19, at 10:00
Lizard Lick Towing – Mondays at 10:00
Hardcore Pawn – Tuesdays at 9:00
Storage Hunters – Sundays at 10:00