I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on Boardwalk Empire, Dating Rules From My Future Self, Gigilos, Martian Mega Rover, Animal Practice, allpuck.com, Battle 4 Atlantis, A Chance to Dance, and Common.
- Boardwalk Empire does not return for another month and a half, but HBO recently released the first teaser trailer for season three. Check it out below:
- You may remember the web-series from earlier this year Dating Rules from My Future Self; well they have already released a second season. Unfortunately Shiri Appleby is not back as the main character (she is set to make an appearance and direct), but on the bright side Modern Family’s Dylan has been added. The six episodes season will air every Monday and Wednesday on Hulu.
- The third season of Showtime’s Gigolos is set to return Thursday August 30 at 11:00 and when it does, it will return with a new cast member, a “raven haired hunk” named Ash.
- The Mars Rover is set to touch down on the Martian planet August 6 and on Thursday; the National Geographic Channel will be premiering Martian Mega Rover which includes incredible animation that breaks down each phase of the landing like a scene out of a blockbuster sci-fi movie.
- It is clear that Animal Practice has the best Olympics promos this year (worst goes to Revolution, “Because we’re family” is getting just annoying as “Mom, you smell different”) and here is my favorite so far:
- Hockey fans will want to check out the new website started by J.P. Hoornstra allpuck.com. It will focus on long-form journalism and hockey lifestyle.
- Many of you have been tuning into the NBC Sports Network for the first time ever during the Olympics, and the network recently announced the Battle 4 Atlantis: The Ultimate Division I Men’s College Tournament. Duke University, University of Louisville, University of Memphis, University of Minnesota, University of Missouri, University of Northern Iowa, Stanford University and Virginia Commonwealth University will battle it out in a 12-game tournament will air November 22-24.
- For those that cannot get enough dancing on television Ovation will be premiering A Chance to Dance co-produced by Nigel Lythgoe and his son Simon, producers of So You Think You Can Dance on Friday, August 17 at 10:00.
- Case-Mate has just partnered with Common as part of its upcoming “Right Case, Right Occasion” campaign.