Monday, November 07, 2011

I Want My Music Television - 11/7/11


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Party - Beyoncé featuring J Cole




I could have sworn that Andree 3000 was originally on the Beyoncé track. I am not sure who J Cole is, but it is certainly a downgrade. At least they keept the Ladi Dadi sample in tact.


Make You Say Ooh – Keith Sweat



Who is ready for a Keith Sweat comeback? I am assuming everybody out there has their hand up right now.


Sing Your Own Song - John Wesley Harding



I am not sure if this is a great homage to You Can Call Me Al or just lazy. It does not help that I am not sure which one is John Wesley Harding and the other is certainly no Chevy Chase.


What Do You Take Me For – Pixie Lott featuring Pusha T



I may have to watch Pixie Lott a couple more times before I have a coherent thought on the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment