Monday, March 28, 2011

I Want My Music Television - 3/28/11


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


True Faith – George Michael



Last week I defended Rebecca Black against claims that her song Friday was the worst song ever recorded saying, sure it is bad, but there are plenty worse songs out there. And just days later, George Michael released this True Faith song, which, as it turns out, is the worst song ever in the history of the world. And it isn’t a good sign for George when I say a still from the video, I originally thought it was Richard Hatch. Now if you excuss me, I need to poke something sharp in my ear.


When You're Young - 3 Doors Down



I saw that 3 Doors Down had a new video, and when I pressed play, I heard the opening riff and thought to myself, oh, they made a new video for When You’re Gone and looked at the title again and nope, it is apparently a different song with the same riff. And I have said this before and hopefully this is the last time: old dudes, stop trying to pull off the Justin Beiber, it doesn’t make you look younger, it just makes you look silly.


Heart Skips a Beat - Lenka



It is hard not to be down with a music video that sports an live action Operation homage. Thanks Lenka.


Changes - Dirty Vegas



I couple weeks ago I posted part one of a three part music video from Dirty Vegas, though just like part one; I am not entirely sure what is going on. Hopefully part three wraps everything up in a nice little bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment