Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Earlier this month, VH1 unveiled their list of the 100 Greatest One Hit Wonders of the 80’s. So what if ten percent of the artist had a legitimate second (or more) hit. But this got me to thinking of all the artists on my iPod that only garnered one song, hence One Song Wonders. So I made up a playlist and took all the ones from the 80’s and hit random and these were the first twenty-five. And since I had an even seventy-five, you will likely see the other fifty eventually. As always leave your guesses, both artist and song title, in the comment section or e-mail me. If you are correct I will un-bold the lyric. Please keep in mind the lyrics quiz is for entertainment purposes only so please only use your own meandering mind to guess them.
1. You see I wanted her real bad and I was about to give in. And that’s when she started to talking about love and talking about sin. (Keep Your Hands to Yourself - The Georgia Satellites; guessed by Angie)
2. I hear your name in certain circles and it always makes me smile. I spend my time thinking about you and its almost driving me wild. (Missing You - John Waite; guessed by Angie)
3. I said to the man “Are you trying to tempt me? Because I come from the land of plenty.” (Down Under - Men at Work; guesses by Angie)
4. Like the knife that cuts you the wound heals, but the scar, that scar remains. (Every Rose has its Thorn - Poison; guessed by Angie)
5. I’ll tell you one and one makes three.
6. Sometimes you have to try to get along dear. I know the truth and I know what you’re thinking. Down down down down da down down down.
7. All I know is that to me that you look like you’re lots of fun. Open up your loving arms. (You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) - Dead or Alive; guessed by Angie)
8. Not the word from your lips. You just took for granted that I want to skinny dip. (We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off - Jermaine Stewart; guessed by Angie)
9. London, Washington, anywhere you are I’ll run. Together we’ll be.
10. Face to face, out in the heat. Hanging tough, staying hungry. (Eye of the Tiger - Survivor; guessed by Angie)
11. She cuts my security; she’s got control of me. I turn to her and say… (Sunglasses at Night - Corey Hart; guessed by Angie)
12. We can act like we come from out of this world and leave the real one far behind. (Safety Dance - Men without Hats; guessed by Angie)
13. Baby, I know it makes you sad. But when they're handing out the heartaches you know you got to have you some.
14. An invisible man sleeping in your bed. (Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr.; guessed by Angie)
15. We are young but getting old before our time. We’ll leave the TV and the radio behind. (Steppin' Out - Joe Jackson; guessed by Angie)
16. I’m not expecting to grow flowers in the desert but I can look and breathe and see the sun in winter time. (In a Big Country - Big Country; guessed by Anonymous)
17. Father wears his Sunday best. Mother’s tired, she needs her rest. The kids are cleaning up downstairs. (Our House - Madness; guessed by Angie)
18. Just one look and I knew you would make everything clear. Make all the cloads disappear. Put all your fears to rest. How do I love the best? (You Got it All - The Jets; guessed by Angie)
19. I don’t know what color your eyes are baby but your hear is long and brown. (So Alive - Love and Rockets; guessed by Angie)
20. People say I’m crazy, just a little touch. But maybe showers remind me of Psycho too much. (Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell; guessed by Angie)
21. Kissing like a bandit stealing time underneath the sycamore tree. (Wishing Well - Terence Trent D'Arby; guessed by Angie)
22. So you think my sing’s out of time. Well it makes me money. (Cum on Feel the Noize - Quiet Riot; guessed by Angie)
23. Just a small town girl living in a lonely world. She took the midnight train going anywhere. (Don't Stop Believin' - Journey; guessed by Angie)
24. Do you wanna eat, do you wanna to sleep, do you wanna drown, just settle down, settle down, settle down.
25. Er war Superstar, er war popular, Er war so exaltiert because er hatte Flair. (Rock Me Amadeus - Falco; guessed by Angie)