Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I Want My Music Television vol. XLIV


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I though I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Grapevine Fires – Death Cab for Cutie



Death Cab for Cutie certainly likes their depressing cartoons and this certainly is one. But it is a great song.


Blame It – Jamie Foxx



All I have to say about the new Jamie Foxx video is: Ron Howard… him?


Fitz and Dizzyspells – Andrew Bird



One of my favorite songs of the moment is this song by Andrew Bird which gets me thinking there are not enough whistle solos in pop music these days. Granted I figure everyone thinks they aren’t going to top Axl Rose so why try. And the video is as quirky as the song is. Andrew should consider rerecording the song with the live marching band featured here.


Oscar Wilde – Company of Thieves



Had this video sent along to me and it is pretty cool in a Rushmore sort of way, which is not surprising because that film is what inspired the video. Of course I could have used some more dodgeball. If you are interested in downloading the song, chick this link to get it for free courtesy of the band’s label: Download Oscar Wilde. Fun fact about Company of Thieves: they have been featured on Live From Daryl's House. And if you are not sure who Daryl is, his last name is Hall. And if you still need help, he has a friend named Oates.

No comments:

Post a Comment