Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Want My Music Television vol. XXXVIII


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I though I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available, if not the link goes to YouTube where you can watch the video in full screen). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Mystery Man - Gnarls Barkley



With Gnarls Barkley, you have to take the inane with the greatness sometimes. But I have to say the song is growing on me with every listen.


Old Enough - The Raconteurs



If I were to make a list of the greatest music videos of the 00's, Jack White would show up plenty of times. And that is what makes the new Raconteurs video so disappointing. If it had been anyone else, the clones band may have been cool.


Reach Out - Hilary Duff



After hearing the new Hilary Duff song, one has to wonder when does sampling become just blatant stealing? An the artsy beginning and end is pretty laughable considering the rest is just Hilary doing her worst Madonna impression. The song is one of two new songs on her recently released Greatest Hits package. For those keeping track at home, Duff has released three studio albums and two greatest hits albums. Because if there is any artist that needs to update her greatest hits after every album, it is Hilary Duff.


Fanboys Trailer II



Fanboys pretty much had me at Kristen Bell in a Princess Leia costume, but this trailer reaffirms how great this movie is going to be. I love how they do not bother to name any of the actual stars and just names the cameos, and just what they are known for (like whenever you see my older brother Shooter, you think anything else but the dude from Happy Gilmore). Brilliant. If I were a promo monkey, this would be the kind of promo I would make. Now if they would only actually release the movie which has been ready for two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment