Sunday, November 11, 2007

It Seems the Wars Will Never End but We’ll Make it Home Again


Typically I take holidays off, but it seemed wrong to just sit on the couch on Veterans Day when future veterans are currently fighting in harms way. What makes thing worse this year was a report that came out earlier this week that, despite only making up eleven percent of the population, one in four homeless people are veterans (source: MSNBC). This is just unacceptable. I guess something like this happens when the past fifteen years our commander in chief was someone who wouldn’t fight, but did everything in their or their dad’s power to get out of fighting (you may want to keep that in mind the next time you choose your president). I am not one to write my representative, but I had to point this figure out to him and I hope you do so with your own.

So I would like to personally thank servicemen and woman past and present for fighting for the security of out. I have featured this song before, but there is no more fitting song for today than John Legend’s Coming Come. Here’s hoping you all come home safely and to homes to live in.



No comments:

Post a Comment