Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Chuck and Journeyman on iTunes


So I was perusing the iTunes for new stuff like I do every Tuesday and was extremely surprised to see Chuck front and center when I flipped the the TV section. And NBC other debut last night, Journeyman also popped up on the site. But, unless I am blind, I did not see the second season premiere of Heroes there. But the inclusion of Chuck and Journeyman of course is surprising because NBC said a couple weeks ago they were not renewing their contract with iTunes which ends in December. And since it ended in December NBC said they would not be adding any new shows because they didn't want to pull the shows from the site mid-season. But there are Chuck and Journeyman, complete with the option of buying a season pass. So either NBC and iTunes kissed and made up like I predicted it would before the television season started or someone made an extremely huge mistake. If they did make up, I wonder which side caved because, as I am writing this, I have not seen any news reports on it. Either way, if you are interested in buying either show, click the link below:

Chuck

Journeyman


I was going to save my Heroes commentary for my 57 Channels post this weekend, but since I wrote it last night after the show and have this very special two day post, here it is a couple days earlier:

Heroes: Darn you Heroes for once again teasing me that you killed off Absorbing Guy just to reveal once again that he wasn’t in fact dead like everyone thinks. For the love of good acting, the next time you kill him off make sure he stays dead. Of course it would be pretty apropos if Kristen Bell is the one that finally does the deed by having one of the best actors today kill off one of the worst. But anyways.

Horrible acting aside, I could also complain how uninteresting the Spanish people are or how they have created so many Heroes that they have already started to recycling abilities (flight) but I want to talk about how funny the premiere was. No seriously, I think I laughed more during Heroes that I did How I Met Your Mother (you will have to wait until this weekend on my thoughts there except what was with all the bad hair on that show last night?), The Big Bang Theory, and Chuck combined. First, despite starting to be grating during the end of last season, Hero meeting his hero, who just happened to be a drunk British guy. Yeah the premise sounds like a cheesy blockbuster film that should star Martin Laurence or Tom Cruise, yet somehow the actor somehow made it work. Then there was Noah’s boss whom I hope turns out to be a hero himself and much like Samson have his powers being drawn from his moustache. And I’m not even sure why I found it funny but the Bennett family dinner, complete with Mr. Muggles, was so inane I just busted out laughing during the whole scene.

Sigh, when is Kristen Bell going to showing up again?

2 comments:

  1. Just thought I'd point out that the reason behind Chuck and Journeyman going up on iTunes is likely due to them not being NBC Universal-owned properties: while this should still tie them up in some level of distribution hell, Warner Bros. and 20th Century FOX appear to have made a decision to still use iTunes and digital distribution loopholes might have allowed them to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not the most knowlegable person when it comes to a topic like this but I was under the impression that they need permission from both the network and studio before a show can be downloaded on a site like iTunes. And after their hissyfit I assumed that NBC would veto all their shows. Maybe it is a compromise so NBC can stream those shows on their website as well as let them be downloaded on their new service.

    But it looks like they definately didn't kiss and make up because Bionic Woman and Life didn't make their way to iTunes today.

    ReplyDelete