Thursday, September 07, 2006

Are You Ready for Some Football: 2006 Edition


Night is the kick-off of the 2006 NFL season so you know what that means; it’s the return of fantasy football. Being a degenerate gambler, you know I have my team; well actually I have two, but the second one was an auto-pick league and I picked eighteenth out of eighteen with the computer wasting my first two picks on wide receivers. Yeah, I don’t think I have much of a change. As for my other team, the aptly titled Scooter McGavin, here’s is the breakdown o my team:

QB
(NYG)
WR
(Oak)
WR
(Sea)
RB
(Ari)
RB
(Cle)
TE
(Bal)
W/T
(Buf)
W/R
(Den)
K
(Ind)
DEF


Bench
(SD)
(Ten)
(Cle)
(GB)
(NE)
(Min)



Even though I also drafted late in this draft, eighth out of ten, I should have a chance as my bench has a potential of having breakout season which could make great trade break to beef up my soft running back tandem (cheesy pun intended). As for actual football, it seems that it gets harder year from year to pick the winner. Aside from the natural parity from the salary cap, it also comes down to how has the least amount of injuries at the end of the season. But here’s my picks for the playoff and feel free to come back and mock me in January:

AFC
East: New England
North: Pittsburg
South: Indianapolis
West: Chargers
Wild Card: Miami, Kansas City

NFC
East: Giants
North: Chicago
South: Carolina
West: Seattle
Wild Card: Philadelphia, Minnesota

AFC Championship Game: Indianapolis over Miami
NFC Championship Came: Chicago over Giants
Super Bowl: Indianapolis over Chicago

2 comments:

  1. Pretty bold taking Chicago to the Super Bowl with absolutely no offense. Plus no Jacksonville in the playoffs! What's up with that?

    Should be an interesting season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the Bears offence is abismal, but I almost always bet on defence. Plus the are in the worst division and can sneak in with a home playoff game or two and since no team in the NFC jumps out at me, I though I;d go with a longshot there as I went basically with chalk in the AFC.

    As for the Jags, they are in the better conference. At the end I bet they will have the wins, but those tie-breakers are always tricky so I think they will just miss it.

    ReplyDelete