Monday, June 12, 2006

Car Mix - June 2006


Every once in a while I like to compile a list of songs that I’m currently listening to onto a CD to listen to in the car. So here’s some suggestions of songs that you should be listening to. The CD comes in at 76:58.

1. Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall (see my album review - Her Face Is the Map of the World)
2. Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
3. Hips Don’t Lie - Shakira & Wyclef Jean
4. Touch the Sky - Kanye West & Lupe Fiasco (see my album review - You Gotta Love Though, Somebody Still Speaks from His Soul)
5. Number One - Pharrell & Kanye West
6. Crazy Times (Team9) - Gnarls Barkley vs. Prince (For those keeping track at home, this is a mash-up of Crazy and Sign 'o' the Times)
7. Drive Slow - Kanye West, Paul Wall, & GLC
8. Cash Machine - Hard-FI (Another great Single of the Week)
9. Walk Away and I’ll Wait (Aggro1) - Kelly Clarkson vs. Van Halen (What mix tape would be complete without a Kelly Clarkson remix, this time with Van Halen getting the mash-up treatment)
10. Dani California’s Last Dance (Laptop Punk) - Red Hot Chili Peppers vs. Tom Petty (Apparently someone pointed out that Dani California sound similar to Mary Jane's Last Dance, even though I really don't hear it, but that didn't stop an unknown mash-up artist from putting the two songs together)
11. World Wide Suicide - Pearl Jam (I hope you got this back when Pearl Jam had it up for free on their website, if not, it is worth the .99)
12. Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall
13. Steady, As She Goes (Acoustic) - The Raconteurs (This and the next song were both Free Singles of the week on iTunes, but instead of getting the album versions, we get acoustic versions of their latest songs. Hopefully this tread continues)
14. Put Your Records On (Acoustic) - Corrine Bailey Rae
15. Not About Love - Fiona Apple (see my album review - I Promise You Everything Will be Just Fine)
16. Boston - Augustana
17. Brand New Way - Rhett Miller (see my album review - Sex in Wartime Is Sweeter than Peace)
18. Over My Head (Cable Car) - The Fray (I always find it interesting whenever a former Free Single of the Week makes it into the top 25 downloaded list on iTunes, luckily, I got this song back when it was free)
19. Sway - The Perisher (This was featured during the Sadie Hawkins dance episode on Veronica Mars and it sounded familiar and lo and behold, I downloaded it back when it was a Free Single of the Week)
20. You’re Pitiful - “Weird Al” Yankovic (For those that made it to the end of my lengthy MTV Movie Awards recap saw this gem where Al is letting you download his latest parody on his website. Get it before he takes it down before you have to pay .99 for it by clicking on the song name)

3 comments:

  1. I get a lot of that, seriously good stuff and then you throw the surprise in there from Boston? Would it really fit in musically, I can't get my head to fix it.

    I take it, the smash ups have been going on for a while back home. I just on Friday watched a smash show on our mvc, either "the hits" or "TMC" and it was really neat, but I hadn't decided if it was a joke or a regualar thing.

    Evidently regular.

    Weird Al keeps cutting off after "Farty Pants". Does this mean there's a new album on the horizon? *fingers twitch*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to clarify, Boston is the song's name, not the dudes who brought us "More Than a Feeling."

    Mash-up are pretty big stateside, although I have no idea what smash-ups are.

    If the Weird Al song cuts off, you may want to try downloading it again because it doesn't do that for me. As for new album, the website said he's currently mixing song, so hopefully we will get more Weird Al by the end of the year. Or possibly an American Idol themed polka. A boy can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Hell that would be awesome!

    Right, understand now. I've not heard of Augustana. You know I've had to do much googling with your blog posts. I'm getting a bit moderned up, and I thank you for it.

    ReplyDelete