Sunday, August 11, 2024

57 Channels and Only This Is On: August 11, 2024

 

House of the Dragon:  My sister changed her phone plan which means no more HBO for Life for her, which means no more free Max for me.  And of course she had to make the change just in time for me to miss the season finale.  Sigh.  Adding insult to injury, it seems like I am not eligible for the Hulu/Disney/Max bundle since I get Disney for free and/or I am on the Hulu yearly plan.    

 

Snowpiercer:  That seemed like an unnecessary obstacle to keep Layton from going after his kid.  Of course he was going to go.  But I an still wondering what is special about that kid.

 

Orphan Black: Echoes:  I completely missed there was an older version of Jessica Jones in the current timeline.  But I guess that shows just how little I am paying attention to the show.  I am just counting down until the season ends.

 

The Ark: Okay, so the alternative reality part of the episode was fun.  But did Cat get swapped back?  And did they just lose some red shirt in exchange for the husband?  And just what happened to the daughter?  I am surprised we did not see her.

 

2024 Olympic Games:  There are plenty of dumb events at the Olympics, but competitive breakdancing just may be the dumbest.  The song selection was pretty weak.  Most of the songs I made it through before turning this off sounded just like generic computer generated beats.


No comments:

Post a Comment