Saturday, January 04, 2020

57 Channels and Only This is On: January 4, 2020



Ray Donovan: There were a lot of references to Ray killing his father, both pro and con. I have long thought the show would be much better if they move beyond Micky and his never-ending feud then team up with Ray. I did find it interesting that we saw young Ray and baby Daryl but the other three Donovan children were completely missing. But I appreciate that we did not get a full flashback episode like other shows like to do because it was hard to tell who some of Micky’s buddies were.

Dare Me: I was looking forward to this because how can you mess up hot chick mean girl cheerleader. Well you make it boring apparently, and the casting was not great. I just do not buy the new coach as hard as nails as she is bring portrayed and the former captain just is not attractive enough to be a Queen B. Hopefully it gets better.

Shameless: For an episode I thought Frank managed to attract yet another rich crazy woman, she turned out to be an evil genius who was preying on his weakness. I was wondering who that dude they lingered on in the picture was. I just assumed that it was someone from the early seasons that I forgot. Turned out to be a guy from even further back in Frank’s past.

Almost Family: You really have to be delusional to be mad you get demoted when you are forking the opposing council. Someone needs to be debarred by the end of this. But Julia being extremely awkward continues to be the best part of the show, this time around her boyfriend’s kid. How dumb do you have to be to buy someone the exact same t-shirt that they wear? But I guess the biggest question is who is Julia’s real father? The only dude on the show that is the right age is Roxy’s father, but we know he shoots blanks, so I guess it is someone we have not met.
You can download Almost Family on iTunes.

Vikings: Wait, how did Russian dude get Ivar’s dead wife? Does he know? Was this planned? Is it just a coincidence and she is just a distant cousin doppelganger? Is Ivar just seeing things?
You can download Vikings on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment