Monday, July 18, 2016

I Want My Music Television: 7/18/2016




Good Girls (from the "Ghostbusters" Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Elle King


Before I get to this actual video, let me first mention another song off the Ghostbuster Soundtrack that was released that hasn’t gotten a video yet: Fall Out Boy’s version of the classic theme is just pure hot trash. Instantly a contender to challenge Panda as Worst Song of 2016 (though I have managed to not hear it yet, just based on the title MILF $ by Fergie is also in the discussion). Wisely Elle King went with an original and did not try covering another song from the film (actually is there another song from the film?) but I cannot say the video made me all that excited for the new film, but hey, it was not as bad as the first trailer they released.


Somebody Else – The 1975


Yeah, I will admit it took me forty seconds before I had to skip ahead, what a completely useless preamble to a music video. But isn't this the fifth single that failed to hit from The 1975? There was a big marketing blitz when the album dropped but none of the songs really had much of a dent on pop culture so far this year.


(Expletive Deleted) With Myself - Banks


I am on a neverending search for new music but the last couple years it has been far and few in-between with new acts maybe having one great song and everything else on their album being mediocre at best. Banks was maybe the last new artist to put together a solid debut landing five songs on my Best Songs of 2014. But I am just not feeling her new song that much. And the hairless version of herself is just freaking me out.


I Forgive It All - Mudcrutch


Well that was kind of depressing. Yet director Sean Penn’s anger issues still crept in at the end of the Mudcrutch (AKA Tom Petty’s band before The Heartbreakers) video.



No comments:

Post a Comment