Thursday, January 28, 2016

I Want My Music Television: 1/28/16


Genghis Khan - Miike Snow


I do not know if Miike Snow is parodying the absurdity of the James Bond / supervillan relationship but I want to just ignorantly believe that was their intent with this music video.

Take it Back - Nate Ruess


Two thing that will help you get on my list of the best music videos of the year is to either get kids to lip sync your songs or a pseudo celebrities to fill into you. I am not sure why Nate Ruess picked the dude who let Don Draper bed his wife back in an early season of Mad Men (and countless other roles that none currently are coming to mind), but it is enough to be in the considerate for this year's list.

Blue Wonderful - Elton John


Last year Brandon Flowers released a music video featuring a hot chick dancing weirdly alone in the house during what looked to be the eighties. I spent way too much time watching that. It looks like Elton John is showing us where her parents were at the time, assuming the hot chicks parents have the power of flight and used it not to fight crime but to do Cir de Sole type aerial dancing. Alrightly.

My Church - Maren Morris


I do not particularly mind the two ads per fifteen minutes on streaming radio, what I do mind is that it is the same two of four ads every single time. Can these streaming services not find more advertising? I do like when ever Spotify offers to watch one ad in exchange of a half hour of music. But again, those video ads are very limited too. But I have to say it kind of works when they are advertising music. I watched so many ads for Maren Morris that I am kind of digging this song now. Not that I ever want to see that ad again.

No comments:

Post a Comment