Monday, December 16, 2013

I Want My Music Television: 12/16/13




There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Beautiful War - Kings of Leon


I got excited when I saw one site said the new Kings of Leon video features a Friday Night Lights star. Is it Coach Taylor? Riggins? Smash? QB1 or 2? Maybe even Landry? Nope, it turn out to be the guy from the Friday Night Lights movie. Booo. Can we just call the guy the dude from the Tron reboot instead?


Holding on for Life – Broken Bells


Broken Bells recently released a short film for the upcoming album After the Disco (see part 1 and part 2) which recently got pared down for the music video of the first single. Both star Kate Mara who was the subject of a couple internet discussions of the Mara family Power Rankings. How that was even a debate I do not even know? Picking Kate over Rooney would be like picking Tito over Michael.


Over It – The Chrystal Method featuring Dia Frampton


My first thought when I heard Avicii’s Wake Me Up was I really would rather hear an “acoustic” version of the song. Same with the new Chrystal Method song. But where the originally Wake Me Up was still listenenable, the computer burps just run Over It. But it is nice seeing Dia Frampton smack a dude with cake.


Follow Your Arrow - Kacey Musgraves


I swear the new Kacey Musgraves music video is just a cuter, more colorful version of The Killer’s All These Things That I've Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment