Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I Want My Music Television: 11/12/13




There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Bad Things – Meiko


I guess a video for a song called Bad Things should be creepy, but still, I will never eat whipped cream ever again. Or get the image of Meiko with a mustache out of my head.


Lies – Chvrches


I probably should not like Chvrches. Aside from the unnecessary “V” in their name, I really have not been a big fan of synth heavy music since back when New Wave was actually new. But there is just something transfixing about the lead singer’s voice.


Faden Away - 7 Days of Funk with Snoopzilla and Dâm-Funk


Barely a year after rechristening himself Snoop Lion, the artist formally known as Snoop Doggy Dogg has a new name: Snoopzilla. I guess it is for the best because with all the name changes, I can just pretend Snoop Dogg actually stopped releasing music not long after Drop it Like it’s Hot.


Daydreaming – Paramore


I am getting tired of the shoddily shot music videos (and other mediums) where they are meant to look like two friends documenting their travels to a Paramore concert but were obviously professionally done.

No comments:

Post a Comment