I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on Veep, Beat Making Lab, The 80’s: The Decade that Made Us, Consent, Side Effects, Dom La Nena, Modern Machines, Falling Skies, and Quincy Jones.
- As we inch closer to the April 14 premiere of the second season of Veep, HBO some new Key Art which you can take a look at below:
- PBS Digital Studios, producers of the popular Icons: Remixed, Off Book, and Idea Channel web series has just launched a brand new series called Beat Making Lab. The series follows two music professionals and educators as they travel to international destinations, providing undeserved communities with the training and tools to create their own original hip hop and electronic music. See the premiere video below:
- Coming Sunday April 14, the National Geographic Channel will be airing their own version of I Love the 80’s with the six part The 80’s: The Decade that Made Us narrated by Rob Lowe. The miniseries “isn’t about nostalgia; it’s about the history of our modern world that spawned political, technological, cultural and social revolutions that began in the United States and went on to dominate the world.” No word yet if Michael Ian Black will be involved.
- Starring Troian Bellisario, star of ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars), Consent tells the story of a wealthy Manhattan family’s inability to cope with the suicide of their eldest daughter, resulting in a downward spiral of drugs, alcohol and sexual taboos that threatens to destroy them. The movie will be released on digital platforms Tuesday.
- It was announced yesterday that the provocative thriller, Side Effects will be released on BluRay/DVD combo pack on May 21 and digital download on May 7 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. From Academy Award®-winning director Steven Soderbergh (Traffic, Contagion) comes this suspenseful tale of intrigue featuring an all-star cast of Jude Law, Rooney Mara, Channing Tatum, and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- Sometime described as Cat Power’s lost sister, Brazilian cellist / vocalist Dom La Nena has just released a new video for Anjo Gabriel, off her debut album Ela, which you can watch below.
- Fans of dance music looking for something new to dance to will want to give a listen to Trouble by Modern Machines. And if you like it, use the download button on the Soundcload widget below to get the song for free.
- TNT’s epic drama Falling Skies, basic cable's #1 summer drama among key adult demos, is bringing the Second Mass resistance back to WonderCon Anaheim with a panel Q&A and exclusive look at what’s ahead in season 3. Series stars Drew Roy (Secretariat), Sarah Carter (Shark) and Seychelle Gabriel (Weeds) will join executive producer Remi Aubuchon (24, Persons Unknown) for a panel session moderated by Rich Sands, senior editor at TV Guide Magazine, on Saturday, March 30 at the Anaheim Convention Center. The panel session will include several exclusive clips offering a sneak peek at the first episode of Falling Skies season 3, which is set to launch this summer on TNT.
- AXS TV has joined Keep Memory Alive’s Power of Love Gala honoring Quincy Jones and Sir Michael Caine’s 80th birthday as the exclusive broadcast partner. The music network will air the special LIVE from MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas on Saturday, April 13, 2013.