Monday, November 26, 2012

I Want My Music Television - 11/26/12


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Stars - Grace Potter & The Nocturnals


I listen to the latest Grace Potter & The Nocturnals album when it came out and I do not remember anything really sticking out to give it another listen. Yeah I messed up on that one after hearing Amanda Brown perform the song last week on The Voice. Not only did Amanda get herself into the top twenty with her performance, she vaulted the original almost as high. I wonder if the exposure will stat getting airplay because of this, it definite does deserve it.


Mama Told Me – Big Boi featuring Kelly Rowland



When I saw Big Boi had a new song entitles Mama Told Me I fully expected a Mama Told Me (Not to Come) sample. No Three Dog Night, but it definitely has a retro (eighties not seventies) vibe to it.


Telescope – Hayden Panettiere


I find it interesting that they are attributing the songs from Nashville to the actors not the characters on the show. There even produced an actually music video for Hayden Panettiere that is different from the one that we saw Juliet Barnes filmed on the show. I guess that is smart because Juliet Barnes on the show is a horrible singer that is heavily auto-tunes (though Hayden could actually be the same too) Apparently it is working because the song charted on the Country charts.


Curtain – Eve 6


I am always a fan of backwards music videos, so thank you Eve 6 for another entertaining one.

No comments:

Post a Comment