Friday, June 15, 2012
The Beach Boys released their first album fifty years ago and recently just put out a reunion album. Even after five decade the group is still synonymous with summer (ironically Surfin’ Safari came out in October of 1962) which officially starts next week so I thought I would put Surfing U.S.A. though iTunes Genius and you it to create this month’s Lyrics Quiz. The list is not as summery as I was expecting. But anyway. As always leave your guesses, both artist and song title, in the comment section or e-mail me. If you are correct I will un-bold the lyric and give you credit. Please keep in mind the lyrics quiz is for entertainment purposes only so please only use your own meandering mind to guess them.
1. My belle, sont des mots qui vont tre bien ensemble, tre bien ensemble. (Michelle - Rubber Soul - The Beatles; guessed by Rebekah)
2. A time to plant, a time to reap. A time to kill, a time to heal. A time to laugh, a time to weep. (Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) - The Byrds; guessed by Rebekah)
3. When the one that left us here returns for us at last we are but a moment’s sunlight fading in the grass.
4. Well beat the drum and hold the phone, the sun came out today. We’re born again, there’s new grass on the field.
5. No I cannot forget where it is that I come from; I cannot forget the people who love me. (Small Town - John Mellencamp; guessed by Rebekah)
6. Clean shirt, new shoes, and I don’t know where I am going to. Silk suit, black tie, I don’t need a reason why. (Sharp Dressed Man - Eliminator; guessed by Rebekah)
7. Mommy’s alright, daddy’s all right, they just seem a little weird. (Surrender - Cheap Trip; guessed by Rebekah)
8. Bring a song and a smile for the banjo. Better get while the gettings good. Hitch a ride to the end of the highway where the neons turn to wood.
9. Got in a little hometown jam so the put a rifle in my hand, sent me off to a foreign land. (Born In the U.S.A. - Born In the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen; guessed by Rebekah)
10. Well it’s been building up inside of me for, oh, I don’t know how long. But I keep thinking something’s bound to go wrong.
11. Are you gonna worry for the rest of your life. Why are you in such a hurry to be lonely one more night?
12. She hates time, make it stop. When did Motley Crew become classic rock?
13. The time is drawing near. My train is going, I see in your eyes. The love, the need, your tears.
14. When we get crazy, it just ain’t right. Girl I get lonely too. You don’t have to worry, just hold on tight. (I Can't Tell You Why - The Eagles; guessed by Rebekah)
15. You don’t need money, don’t take fame, don’t need no credit card to ride this train. (The Power of Love - Huey Lewis and the News; guessed by Rebekah)
16. She stood alone on her balcony, yeah, she could hear the cars roll by out on 441 like waves crashing on the beach.
17. We don’t need no education. (Another Brick In the Wall, Pt. 2 - Pink Floyd; guessed by Rebekah)
18. I could tell she liked my from the way she stared. And the way she said, you missed the spot over there.”
19. I wait in this pace where the sun never shines. Wait in this place where the shadows run from themselves. (White Room - Cream; guessed by Rebekah)
20. I went from Phoenix, Arizona, all the way to Tacoma. Philadelphia, Atlanta, L.A. Northern California where the girls are warm. (Rock'n Me - Steve Miller Band; guessed by Rebekah)
21. I make rich women beg. I’ll make a good woman steal. I'll make an old woman blush. And make a young woman steal. (Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood & The Destroyers; guessed by Rebekah)
22. I tripped the merry-go-round. With this very unpleasing, sneezing, wheezing, the calliope crashed to the ground. (Blinded By the Light - Manfred Mann's Earth Band; guessed by Rebekah)
23. Now everybody do the propaganda and sing along to the age of paranoia.
24. I’m getting tired of waiting and fooling around. I’ll find somebody eho won’t make me feel like a clown. (Evil Ways - Santana; guessed by Rebekah)
25. When I want to runaway I drive off in my car. But whichever way I go, I come back to the place you are. (In Your Eyes - So (Remastered) - Peter Gabriel; guessed by Rebekah)