Sunday, April 15, 2012
100 years ago today, the RMS Titanic sank to the bottom of the ocean (yes kiddies, the movie was based on a real event even though the characters are totally fake). So for this month’s lyrics quiz I plugged the song that sank the ship, My Heart Will Go On, through iTunes Genius function and here are the twenty-five songs the program gave back to me. As always leave your guesses, both artist and song title, in the comment section or e-mail me. If you are correct I will un-bold the lyric and give you credit. Please keep in mind the lyrics quiz is for entertainment purposes only so please only use your own meandering mind to guess them.
1. I want to thank you for giving me time to breathe like a rock you waited patiently while I got it together, while I figured it out.
2. Oh baby, I can’t fight this feeling anymore. Drives me crazy when I try to. So come my way, take my hand. Can you make my wish, baby you are in command.
3. Like anyone would be I am flattered by your fascination with me. Like any hot-blooded woman I have simply wanted an object to crave.
4. I’ve always been in love with you. UI guess you’ve always known it’s true. You took my love for granted, why oh why. The show is over, say goodbye.
5. I wish I could just make you turn around, turn around and see me cry. There’s so much I need to say to you, so many reasons why. You’re the only one who really knew he at all.
6. Oh it’s beautiful, but wait a minute, isn’t this… but I thought the old lady dropped it into the ocean at the end.
7. I am never broken, In the end only kindness matters. I will get down on my knees, and I will pray.
8. Don’t wish it away; don’t look at it like kids forever. Between you and me I can honestly say things can only get better.
9. And then the punches flew and chairs were smashed in two. There was blood and a single gunshot, but just who shot who?
10. No I don’t need your number, there’s nothing left to say. Except I never thought it would hurt this much to be saved.
11. I feel my spirits rise And soar like the wind. Is it love that I am in? I get weak in a glance. Isn’t that what's called romance?
12. I used to dream, I used to glance beyond the stars. But now I don’t know where we are, although I know we’ve drifted far.
13. She’ll promise you more than the Garden of Eden. Then she’ll careless cut you and laugh while your bleeding.
14. Well I hear the music, close my eyes, feel the rhythm wrap around, take a hold of my heart.
15. And there are voices that want to be heard. So much to mention but you can’t find the words. The scent of magic, the beauty that’s been when love was wilder than the wind.
16. I may be mad, I may be blind, I may be viciously unkind but I can still read what you’re thinking.
17. I will be the one to hold you down, kiss you so hard. I’ll take your breath away.
18. Just the other night baby I saw you hanging you were with your crew, I was with mine too. You took me by surprise when you turned and looked me in my eyes, oh you really blew my mind.
19. Her weapons were her crystal eyes making every man a man. Black as the dark night she was, got what no one else had.
20. She can’t remember the time that she felt needed. If love was blind she was color blind. All her friends well they were trialed for treason and crimes that were never defined.
21. I had to escape, the city was sticky and cruel. Maybe I should have called you first, but I was dying to get to you.
22. I really should have known by the time you drove me home. By the vagueness in your eyes, your casual good byes, by the chill in youe embrace.
23. Sergeant O'Leary is walking the beat, at night he becomes a bartender. He works at Mister Cacciatores down on Sullivan Street.
24. My boss is lame you know, and so is the pay. I’m gonna put that new black mini on my charge anyway.
25. Oh, this is the start of something good, don’t you agree? I haven’t felt like this in so many moons, you know what I mean?