Monday, February 27, 2012

I Want My Music Television - 2/27/12


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Simple Song - The Shins



Who would have guessed The The Shins, you know, the band that Natalie Portman told you would change your life, but didn’t, could actually be funny, and funny in death at that?


Charlie Brown - Coldplay



The new Coldplay video needs more elephants. But anyway, after listening to this song for a couple months, I still have no idea what it has to do with Charlie Brown (fun fact: I dressed up as Charlie Brown for Halloween in grad school).


Love Interruption - Jack White



Wait a second, wasn’t that chick on the most recent season of The Sing-Off in the new Jack White video?


Gimme a Kiss – Madi Diaz



Talk about a plot twist, the way it started all cheery, I did not see Madi Diaz putting on Kiss makeup a minute in. Even more surprising to took me until about the 2:30 mark to get the Gimme a Kiss in Kiss makeup connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment