Thursday, January 26, 2012

I Want My Music Television - 1/26/12


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Look Around – Red Hot Chili Peppers



The best music videos are the ones that look simple enough but you watch them again and again because you are not entirely sure how it happened. That is exactly how I felt about the four rooms of the new Red Hot Chili Peppers video. I am also under the assumption that the rooms represent the band mate’s personalities which begs the question why is Chad Smith performing in a bathroom?


Comeback Kid – Sleigh Bells



Not as confusing but just as visually stimulating is the new Sleigh Bells who makes visual explosions for your eyes that rival the musical explosions that give your ears.


Mustache Man (Wasted) - Cake



Then there is Cake who always gives you an entertaining three minutes excursion from your day with every new music video, now with even more facial hair to look at.


Synthesizers – Butch Walker and The Black Widows



Matthew McConaughey may be two decades older, but at least high school girls have stayed the same age. I am not sure the world needed Dazed & Confused sequel (though I can hear movie executives plan a reboot right now) Butch Walker has given us one.

No comments:

Post a Comment