Monday, February 28, 2011

I Want My Music Television - 2/28/11


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


I Need a Doctor - Dr. Dre featuring Eminem and Skylar Grey



After a decade long layoff, I really do not need an introspective Dr. Dre song as the second single (fifth maybe if the first four are bangers), I need Dre to be the soundtrack of me getting my drink on, my smoke on, then go home with something to poke on. And I do not even do two of the three (okay, I really do not do any of them).


Give a Little - Hanson



Seriously, they really need to put old people making out warning front of videos these days, first Parenthood and now Hanson. This trend really needs to stop.


Go Outside – Cults



MTV released their second “Supervideo” and juts like their first one it features a hot young actress (this time Emma Roberts subbing in for Anna Kendrick) and the video they made for Cults is just as nonsensical as the one they did for LCD Soundsystem.


Second Chance - Peter Bjorn and John



I always enjoy a good music video in reverce, and you can tell from the messy first frame that this would be a good one, but I wished Peter Bjorn and John would have at least tried singing backwards so it syncs up, that always makes a video in reverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment