Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Want My Music Television - 1/27/11


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Don’t Look Back – She & Him



For those wondering what MTV would have looked back in the sixties, this looks like She & Him asked Don Draper to create a music video for them.


Electric Love – Dirty Vegas



Supposedly this video by Dirty Vegas is the first of three videos that serve as a primer to Jena Malone’s upcoming film Sucker Punch coming out in March. Though I am not entirely sure what Malone’s, um, interesting dance technique have to do with the movie but color me excited.


Cameras – Matt and Kim



Matt & Kim sure like to go all out for their video be it graphic nudity of the previous clip or the graphic violence here.

She’s Got Nothing On (But the Radio) – Roxette



Holy Roxette sighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment