Monday, July 19, 2010

I Want My Music Television vol. LXXXVII


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Head Full of Doubt / Road Full of Promise – The Avett Brothers



Ladies and gentlemen: the story of Detroit with music provided by The Avett Brothers.


Laredo - Band of Horses



Keeping with the Americana theme, here is the latest video from Band of Horses.


Crossfire - Brandon Flowers



There have been plenty of unnecessary solo albums in the history of music, but just from hearing one song, Brandon Flowers may be in the discussion for most unnecessary solo album. The song sounds exactly like one from The Killers. Even the video looks like a like a completely absurd one from the band. But then again, if I had Charlize Theron coming to my rescue, I’d get myself caught by ninjas on a regular basis too.


All the Small Things – Jedward



Remember a couple months ago I posted an awesomely bad video by two twins that looked the result of a night of passion between Justin Timberlake and Buster Poindexter which mashed up Ice Ice Baby and the song it ripped off, Under Pressure, and even got Vanilla Ice to rap on it? Now Jedward are just plain bad with their follow up with a Blink-182 cover. Note to any guy reading this, it is not a wise decision to pay homage Lady GaGa, Britney Spears and the Single Ladies dance all in one video.

No comments:

Post a Comment