Tuesday, February 09, 2010

I Want My Music Television vol. LXXIII


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby) - Jedward & Vanilla Ice



So let me get this straight: Justin Timberlake grows the Buster Poindexter poof, clones himself, and then somehow convinces Vanilla Ice to perform a song he hates that is mashed up with a song he got sued for stealing. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 10’s and something called Jedward.


The High Road - Broken Bells



I remember when I heard Danger Mouse was hooking up with the dude from The Shins and I thought to myself, “Um, can he just do another Gnarls Barkley album instead.” After perfecting the mash up (The Grey Album) and the pop song (Crazy), I thought his streak would end with teaming up with an indie rocker. If their first single is any indication, I was completely wrong and personally cannot wait to hear more. And where Gnarls Barkley was deceptively dark, there is not hiding it with Broken Bells down to the David Lynchian video.


Temporary Home - Carrie Underwood



Maybe not very coincidental that Carrie underwood breaks out her acting chops in a video just before she land actual acting job like in an upcoming episode of How I Met Your Mother. Well, at least judging from this video she is at the very least a better actress than Megan Fox.


Written in Reverse - Spoon

Nothing that special about the new Written In Reverse - Transference video, I am just digging the song right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment