Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I Want My Music Television vol. LI


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Magnificent – U2



I have no clue what the white sheet were supposed to symbolize or what was with all the gratuitous close up smoky Arab dude, but at least the new U2 video looks cool.


You Belong with Me – Taylor Swift



I had a very She’s All That vibe from this video. Or was it Whatever it Takes? Maybe Get Over It? All those early ’00 teen movies all blend together. Then Evil Taylor Swift conspicuously looks like Jodi Lyn O’Keefe who I think was the ex-girlfriend in all of them. And I think I may take Evil Taylor over the good version.


The Best Days – Taylor Swift



And here is another video from Swift for all the mothers out there on the eve of Mother’s day.


3 A.M. – Eminem


I am not going to embed the new Eminem video because it is creepy in an early Marilyn Manson video kind of was but with more blood. Eminem always likes to walk up to the line of controversy, but with 3 A.M. he jumps right over the line and is just shocking for the sake of shock. Click the link above to watch the video in its entirety on YouTube at your own digression.

No comments:

Post a Comment