Sunday, December 28, 2008

25 Best Mash-Up's of 2008


There didn’t seem to be a bunch of great mash-ups this year, but still plenty to create a list so here are the best that I have found the last twelve months even if some were actually created before 2008. Here is where I usually give my disclaimer of actually ever having or even hearing these songs for legal reasons, but since the RIAA recently admitted lawsuits weren’t the best course of action when it came to illegal downloading and gave up the practice I guess I know longer have to do that. Granted since Blogger doesn’t have a music upload service you will still have to scour Google if you are interested downloading these songs. Of course there are some links on my sidebar to get you started on your search. If you want the unaltered album version of the songs, on the second line I will list the main songs that make up the mash-up (note some have more songs than I’ve listed):


1. M.I.A. Wanted Dead or Alive - DJ Schmolli
M.I.A. (Paper Planes) vs. Bon Jovi (Wanted Dead or Alive)

2. 50 Ways to Kill Your Lover - DJ Topcat
Slick Rick (Women Lose Weight) vs. Paul Simon (50 Ways to Leave Your Lover)

3. No Taylor, No Scar - Norwegian Recycling
The Fugees No Woman, No Cry vs. Jack JohnsonTaylor vs. Missy Higgins (Scar)

4. EasyWall - DJ Lobsterdust
The Commodores (Easy) vs. Oasis (Wonderwall)

5. Get that Rocky Mountain High - DJ Erb
Method Man & Redman (How High) vs. John Denver (Rocky Mountain High)

6. No One to Squeeze - DJ FOX
Alicia Keys (No One) vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers (Soul to Squeeze)

7. Rolling Confusion - Go Home Productions
The Temptations (Ball of Confusion) vs. Rolling Stones (multiple songs)

8. More than on Point - DJ Topcat
House of Pain (On Point) vs. Boston (More than a Feeling)

9. Can’t Tell My Wonderwall Nothing - Clinton Sparks
Kanye West (Can't Tell Me Nothing) vs. Oasis (Wonderwall)

10. If I Were a Free Fallin' Boy - DJ Earworm
Beyoncé (If I Were a Boy) vs. Tom Petty (Free Fallin')

11. Paper Rump - DJ Tripp
Wreckx-n-Effect (Rump Shaker) vs. M.I.A. (Paper Planes)

12. Jude’ll Fix It - Phil RetroSpector
The Beatles (multiple songs) vs. Coldplay (Fix You)

13. Brick My (Explative Deleted) - DJ Magnet
Mickey Avalon My (Explative Deleted)) vs. the Commodores (Brick House)

14. Wicked Wedding - DJ Schmolli
Billy Idol (White Wedding) vs. Chris Isaak (Wicked Game)

15. Duffy Train Running - DJ Y alias JY
Duffy (Mercy) vs. the Doobie Brothers (Long Train Runnin')

16. Jenny’s Superstitious - DJ Lobsterdust
Stevie Wonder (Superstition) vs. The Killers (Jenny Was a Friend of Mine)

17. Hate It Ain’t So - DJ Koochie
(50 Cent and the Game (Hate It or Love It) vs. Weezer (Say it Ain't So)

18. The Pink Jack - Wax Audio
AC/DC (The Jack) vs. David Lynch (The Pink Room)

19. Don’t Let it Be in Anger - DJ Y alias JY
Oasis (Don't look Back in Anger) vs. the Beatles (Let it Be)

20. Funny Bizniz - The Abrahammer
M.I.A. (Paper Planes) vs. Beastie Boys (Body Movin') vs. Nas (I Can)

21. Ghost Busta Rhymes - Ludachrist
Busta Rhymes (Dangerous) vs. Ray Parker Jr. (Ghostbusters)

22. Maggie’s 64 - locK3Down
Mike Jones (My 64) vs. Rage Against the Machine (Maggie's Farm)

23. Sad but Superstitious - Wax Audio
Stevie Wonder (Superstition) vs. Metallica (Sad but True)

24. Reckoner Lockdown - DJ Earworm
Kanye West (Love Lockdown) vs. Radiohead (Reckoner)

25. Looking Back Is a Losing Game - Phil Retrospector
Oasis (Don't look Back in Anger) vs. Amy Winehouse (Love Is a Losing Game)

No comments:

Post a Comment