Thursday, September 06, 2007

Landry's Revenge


Tonight is the official kickoff of the NFL season and that means it is also the start of fantasy football. I had my draft a day later than scheduled thanks to the Yahoo servers crashing. But I think that was a good thing because I was so out of it due to the massive amounts of (legal) drugs I was on. I was so loopy that I actually put a post-it note on my monitor reminding me not to draft Michael Vick. And despite picking eighth (out of ten) I think I came out with a decent draft. There was only one round where someone took who I was eyeing before I had the chance (I had to settle for Kitna when someone nabbed Donavan McNabb right before me). In fact I was so confident with my draft I even have Brady Quinn a pity draft with my last pick. Here is this year’s roster for Landry’s Revenge:

QB Jon Kitna (Detroit Lions)
WR Larry Fitzgerald (Arizona Cardinals)
WR Roy Williams (Detroit Lions)
WR Chris Chambers (Miami Dolphins)
RB Rudi Johnson (Cincinnati Bangles)
RB Reggie Bush (New Orleans Saints)
TE Tony Gonzalez (Kansas City Chiefs)
K Josh Scobee (Jacksonville Jaguars)
DEF Baltimore Ravens

Bench
QB Philip Rivers (San Diego Chargers)
RB DeAngelo Williams (Carolina Panthers)
RB Warrick Dunn (Atlanta Falcons)
TE Benjamin Watson (New England Patriots)
WR Joe Horn (Atlanta Falcons)
QB Brady Quinn (Cleveland Browns)


Usually this is where I give my Super Bowl prediction but during last years post I mentioned that football is the hardest of all the sports to predict. Oh, and do you know what else I said last year: Colts over Bears. Yeah, that worked out well for me, so let’s see if I can make it two years in a row.

AFC
East: New York Jets
North: Cincinnati Bangles
South: Indianapolis Colts
West: San Diego Chargers
Wild Card: New England Patriots, Pittsburg Steelers

NFC
East: Philadelphia Eagles
North: Chicago Bears
South: New Orleans Saints
West: Seattle Seahawks
Wild Card: Dallas Cowboys, Minnesota Vikings

AFC Championship: Colts over Patriots
NFC Championship: Eagles over Saints
Super Bowl: Colts over Eagles

NFL on iTunes


2 comments:

  1. oddly enough, I think my team in this league drafted by the computer is better than my live draft. But I do have some crossover. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough, computers aren't subjected to buying into overhyped players like say, for instance, Reggie Bush (not that I'm bitter that I bought into his hype).

    So, who do you want for Tom Brady?

    ReplyDelete