Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I Like This Show, it’s Tawdry week 8


Have a final tonight and I also have a take home final due today so again I will make some quick notes on last night’s episode of Veronica Mars. If you have yet to see the episode, you can stream Debasement Tapes over at CWTV.com or download it on iTunes or Amazon Unbox.

- You know a recurring character is a good one when you smile just by seeing them on screen much like with Jeff Ratner, Deputy Leo, and Vinnie Van Lowe.

- Something is fishy with Vinnie, well more than usual. He was on retainer for the Fitzpatricks then he “infiltrated” their gang; remember Danny Boyd was part of the heist, using just a cheap mustache. Boyd ain’t the smartest person in the class, but I’m sure even he could tell the difference. I have a feeling this was all a set up to get Vinnie into the race.

- There is just something entertaining about the way Ronnie says “Ratner.” Hopefully her falsely accusing him will become a running theme.

- When everyone argues Duncan or Logan, Logan or Piz, my favorite ex of Vee has always been Deputy Leo. And by the look on Ronnie’s face when he said they would be seeing more of each other seems that he may still have a shot.

- It was also good to see Piz’s hot boss again. I was hoping she would be recurring ever since Piz got the job but sadly has been MIA since. Hopefully we don’t have to wait long for another sighting.

- But the episode belonged to Paul Rudd. His radio interview was an instant classic. His new names for Piz were great. Dude can actually sing. Loved his argument with Keith (the Beatles are overrated by the way, had Brian Wilson had been shot in 1980 instead of John Lennon, everyone would be talking about how the Beach Boys were the greatest band ever, but anyways). And his conversation with Dick was hilarious.

- But as funny as Rudd was, Dick still had the funniest moment of the night as he watched himself “Ghost Riding the Whip.” The expression on my face was pretty much the same as his during that scene.

- I much prefer Max to Bronson. Although I would have loved to see Mac trying to play Ultimate.

- For some reason I know have a strange craving for Wrigley's Extra Gum.

I may have more to say this weekend about the episode during my weekly television round up. And be sure to stop by early tomorrow as I have big news (and by early I mean 4-ish).

No comments:

Post a Comment