Monday, March 12, 2007

It's March Madness Baby! 2007 Edition


It's my favorite time of the year, St. Patrick's Day, my birthday, Peeps (during the occasional March Easter), spring training, Shamrock Shakes, and most importantly March Madness. One of my very first ever posts was the rules to follow, a year where I had my best finish ever (check out: It’s March Madness Baby!) I’m a little worried about this year because I’m breaking three of my rules: Rule 2: Never Beat on the Big 10 (I have both Ohio St. and Wisconsin going to the Sweet 16); Rule 3: Duke Always Makes it to the Sweet 16 (I have them out in the second round, granted if I were a man I’d bounce them in the first round); Rule 4: The MAC Is Always Good for a Win (I have Miami losing to Oregon in the first round).

Speaking of the MAC, how sad is it to lose on a last second banked three? I guess that is for the best because seeing Akron in March Madness could be one of the signs of the apocalypse. Seriously, how long has it been Zips? As a whole it wasn’t a good year for mid-majors with only six at large bids, the lowest number in years. So much for the George Mason run from last year helping them out. This is a shame, because the first weekend is much more exciting watching Cinderellas win a couple of games than see the sixth and seventh teams in from the ACC inevitability lose and most likely lose big. Oh well, here are my picks:

St. Louis
Finals: Florida (1) vs. Oregon (3)
Upset Special: Old Dominion (12)

San Jose
Finals: UCLA (2) vs. Southern Illinois (4)
Upset Special: Gonzaga (10)

East Rutherford
Finals: Georgetown (2) vs. Texas (4)
Upset Special: Texas Tech (10)

San Antonio
Ohio St. (1) vs. Memphis (2)
Upset Special: Long Beach St. (12)

Final Four
Florida over UCLA
Memphis over Texas

Finals
Memphis over Florida (75-72)

Aside from March Madness, the month sees the second best sports moment of the year, fantasy baseball draft. If you would like to join one of my leagues (I’m running both an NL Only and Full leagues), shout me a holla, my e-mail’s on my Blogger Profile page or just leave a comment. Drafts are on the next Tuesday and the one after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment