Wednesday, August 09, 2006

If You Love Me, Come Find Me


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I though I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form so here they are courtesy of . I advise you to watch them before you read my reviews if you don’t want me to spoil things. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Evanescence - Call Me When You're Sober




This is the coolest video based on a children’s story since Tom Petty’s Don’t Come Around Here No More. Granted I think it’s the only one besides the cheesy claymation video by Green Jello Jelly (am I the only one that remembers it?). This sounds pretty mosh like previous songs so it will be interesting how the rest of the new album sounds without Ben Moody.


Better Than Ezra - Juicy



Please don’t think less of because this song was featured in a Desperate Housewives commercial last year. I do kind of wonder if the line dancing older woman is a slight jab at the show, so in a way, they may have redeemed themselved.


Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tell Me Baby




Now that there really isn’t an outlet for music videos, more and more of them have gone with cost efficient video, it seems to spawn creativity especially with the surprising some fans by jamming with them. Interestingly enough this video was directed by the Dayton/Farris team that was behind 90’s iconic high concept videos by the Peppers and Smashing Pumpkin among others


OK Go - Here it Goes Again




Speaking of low budgets, this could possibly be the lamest video I have ever seem, yet I couldn’t stop watching the dancing fools of .


Everclear - Hater



Here’s a video for those that subscribe to Us Weekly or watch too much of the E! channel. I’m not the biggest fan of salacious news, but I couldn’t stop laughing throughout the video. Yeah a few of the break-up’s were a while ago and I’m not sure why brought up such forgettable break-up’s by Joey and Phil Collins (is there a good story behind that one that I missed?).

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving the chorus on that Evanescence song, but the verses sound like all the verses in all their other songs. Amy Lee needs to change it up a bit if she wants her band to go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I did get a "Bring Me Back to Life" vibe from the verses. I'll be interested in giving the album a listen when it comes out to see if it deviates at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get enough of that OK Go song... It's frickin infectious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If by infectious you mean it leaves you with a burning sensation when you pee, then yeah, I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete