Monday, December 15, 2008
The songs are listed chronologically from when I put them in my iTunes playlist that helps me track the best songs throughout the years. As always leave your guesses, both artist and song title, in the comment section or e-mail me. If you are correct I will un-bold the lyric. Please keep in mind the lyrics quiz is for entertainment purposes only so please only use your own meandering mind to guess them. Now onto the last lyric quiz of the year:
1. You said I must eat so many lemons ‘cause I am so bitter. I said I would rather be with your friends, mate, because they are fitter. (Foundations - Kate Nash; guessed by Akosua)
2. There are times when the poets and porn stars align and you won’t know who to believe in, well that’s a good time to be leaving. (Shine - Anna Nalick; guessed by Julie)
3. I don’t know who I am, who I am without you, all I know is that I should. (Where I Stood - Missy Higgins; guessed by Julie)
4. How can we seek salvation when our nation’s race relations got me feeling guilty of being white?
5. But I should of known better cause now I feel like America’s underbelly, R. Kelly, got a smart better less, internet predators, chat-room irregulars.
6. I’ve been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror. And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer. But my breath fogged up the glass so I drew a new face and I laughed. (I'm Yours - Jason Mraz; guessed by Jo)
7. They’ll be girls across the nation that will eat this up. (Bottle it Up - Sara Barilles; guessed by Jo)
8. All the girls in the line for the bathroom. (Everyone Nose - N.E.R.D.; guessed by Rose)
9. I ain’t gonna make the same mistakes that put my momma in her grave. I don’t wanna be alone. (Sweet and Low - Augustana; guessed by Christy)
10. Timbaland knows the way to reach the top of the charts. Maybe if I work with him I can perfect the art. (Pork and Beans - Weezer; guessed by Rose)
11. Got some bad news this morning which in turn made my day.
12. As the flashbulbs burst, she holds a smile like someone would hold a crying child. (Cath... - Death Cab for Cutie; guessed by Annie)
13. Still in musical prison, in jail for the flow. Try telling Bob Dylan, Bruce, or Billy Joel they can’t say what’s in their soul.
14. Cause you don’t always have to hold your head higher than your heart. (Hope - Jack Johnson; guessed by Liz)
15. For some reason I can’t explain, I know St. Peter won’t call my name. (Viva la Vida - Coldplay; guessed by Rose)
16. I bide my time with physiological questions. Not for nothing, but what came first: the chicken nugget or the Egg McMuffin?
17. Faith and desire in the swing of your hips just hold me down hard and drown me in love. (Come on Get Higher - Matt Nathenson; guessed by Charli)
18. Then the congregation all stood up and sang the saddest song that she ever heard. Then they handed her a folded up flag and she held on to all she had left of him. (Just a Dream - Carrie Underwood; guessed by Jo)
19. All I wanna do is !!!! and * $ and take your money. (Paper Planes - M.I.A.; guessed by Rose)
20. Will those feet in modern time walk on souls that were made in China? (Love is Noise - The Verve; guessed by Rebekah)
21. But this feels so unnatural. Peter Gabriel too. Can you stay up to see the dawn in the colors of Benetton? (Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa - Vampire Weekend; guessed by Liz)
22. I’m just a little bit caught in the middle. Life is the maze and love is the riddle. (The Show - Lenka; guessed by Rebekah)
23. I’m telling you things get better through whatever. If you fall, dust if off, don’t let up. Don’t you know you can go, be your own miracle? (Just Stand Up - Beyoncé, Mary J. Blige, Rihanna, Fergie, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, Natasha Bedingfield, Miley Cyrus, Leona Lewis, Carrie Underwood, Keyshia Cole, LeAnn Rimes, Ashanti, Ciara & Mariah Carey; guessed by Rebekah)
24. I’m alive, I know don’t need a witness to know that I survived. I’m not looking for forgiveness. (The Resolution - Jack's Mannequin; guessed by Molly)
25. ‘Cause you were Romeo, I was the Scarlet Letter. (Love Story - Taylor Swift; guessed by Charli)
26. How could you be so Dr. Evil? (Heartless - Kanye West; guessed by Rose)
27. They play Sleepy Jackson on the radio and that’s the way I like it. I hear Beyoncé on the radio and that’s the way I like it. (Catch My Disease - Ben Lee; guessed by Rose)
28. Hottest girl I know, if you had some lipo, you could be second runner up Miss Ohio. (Whatever You Like - "Weird Al" Yankovic; guessed by Mia)
29. I found God on the corner of First and Amistad where The West was all but won. (You Found Me - The Fray; guessed by Rebekah)
30. I’ll take my clothes off and it will be shameless. ‘Cause everyone knows that’s how you get famous. (The Fear - Lily Allen; guessed by Molly)