Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Want My Music Television vol. XLI


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I though I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


The Fear - Lily Allen



I had some fear that Lily Allen would hit a sophomore slump after deciding not to work with Mark Ronson on her second album (she eventually did), but those fears were subsided with a solid debut single off an album you can find sometime in February. And she hasn’t mellowed much as she rightfully put Katy Perry on blast for ripping her off but without actually writing her own songs. Oh snap. And for those that like to participate in Lyric Quizzes, you may want to pay close attention to this song).


You Found Me - The Fray



Also coming out with a new album in February (and you also want to pay close attention to the lyrics) is The Fray. Sophomore slump is also a concern for the band, but this song has grown on me since I first heard it in the cheesy Lost promotion.


The Weight of Her - Butch Walker



One song you won’t find in this month’s Lyrics Quiz is by Butch Walker though I did plan on including the line about the girl making mixtapes even though she was born the year he graduated high school. As obsessive compulsive (no seriously, check out my iTunes playlists sometime) I am about stuff like that, even I forget things sometimes.


Gives You Hell - The All-American Rejects



A week from today I will unveil the Best Albums of 2008 and I may have a review from The All-American Rejects before then although I am not entirely sure they will make the list. But as I compile the list I have come to the conclusion that there were plenty of great songs this year but really no great albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment