I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on Jim Parsons, Crash, Community, Green Porno, Lopez Tonight and My Boys.
- Nothing like opening up your most recent Newsweek and seeing Sheldon Cooper in the pages in-between (this being the issue with the tackless cover The Case for Killing Granny). This was for the weekly’s rountable of Emmy nominees. Joining Jim Parsons are Amy Poehler, Sarah Silverman, Toni Collette, and Jon Cryer. You can actually read the full text and a video on Newsweek.com.
- Tonight sees the return of Crash for its second tonight on Starz with new cast member Eric Roberts. For those that cannot wait or don’t have Starz and want to see if the show is as pretentiously bad as the movie was, head over to Starz.com to watch the premiere in its entirety and uncut.
- For those who cannot get enough of Community after it premiered this week, bid your time until the next episode by watching this behind the scenes video to see which cast members really likes to dance:
- Nothing like opening up your e-mail account and seeing a subject entitled “Green Porno.” And it wasn’t even from the old college buddy who’s crap you delete without opening. Apparently Green Porno is a show about reproductive habits of non-human species that is scientifically accurate yet extremely entertaining and brought to you by Isabella Rossellini. Head over to SundanceChannel.com to see the new season of the show.
- If NBC is correct and the public cannot get enough talk shows then you are in luck come November 9 when TBS launches Lopez Tonight with George Lopez. In other TBS news, My Boys has been renewed for a fourth season. Look for nine episodes to debute sometimes in 2010. Until then, here is a promo for Lopez Tonight:
- TVGuide.com counts down the top television moments of the week including Mad Men, Whoopi Goldberg’s tribute to Patrick Swayze and apparently there was some brush up as an award show last week. Who knew? Speaking of Swayze, here is a clip of when he ran into Hans and Franz: