Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I Want My Music Television vol. XII


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I though I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form so here they are courtesy of YouTube. I advise you to watch them before you read my reviews if you don’t want me to spoil things. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available, if not the link goes to YouTube where you can watch the video in full screen). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Say - John Mayer



For those that like free, I got a treat for you; currently you can download this video for free on iTunes. Click the title above to be taken there. On a side note, does anyone know if there is a way to convert video to MP3. I am under the assumption that the video is DRM’ed to the point that it makes it impossible, but I thought I’d ask. And unlike most soundtrack songs that are unlistenable, the new track from John Mayer has a great vibe to it in a John Hiatt kind of way. On the other hand, The Bucket List looks unwatchable. Plus it looks like they spoiled the whole movie anyway with the scene with Jack Nicholson speaking at Morgan Freeman’s funeral.


Follow the Lights - Ryan Adams and the Cardinals



Speaking of free videos for something unwatchable, you can also get this Ryan Adams video for October Road for free on iTunes. It is a crime against humanity that ABC would bring back this show and the equally unwatchable Notes from Underbelly but not Knights of Prosperity. Seriously, would it hurt the channel to bother putting on a show that guys would watch? Ever since it let go of Monday Night Football, the network has turned into the All Broads Channel. No seriously, look up and down the channel and tell me how many of its shows actually appeal to dudes.


Conquest - The White Stripes



You have to put this song and video in the it’s so bad its great category. I’m not sure what possessed The White Stripes to do a cover of a cheesy fifties song, but I am glad they did because it is frakking genius. Then throw in whatever drug induced stupor person that thought up having a flirting bull and you have one of the most enjoyable three minutes of the year.


Shawdowplay - The Killers



I am beginning to think that The Killers rarities disk may actually be better than Sam’s Town. The song is obviously their take on the Joy Division classic and the scenes from the video are from the upcoming band’s bioflick, Control.

2 comments:

  1. God, I love John Mayer. That's a nice song. I didn't even watch the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete