Monday, November 26, 2007

I Am, What the Kiddies Call Today, the Bomb-Diggity


Before I get all self-congratulatory I want to point out to all the television fans, or have ones on you Christmas list, be sure to check out the Amazon Deal of the Day widget on the sidebar as today you can get first ballot Scooter Hall of Fame inductee Buffy the Vampire Slayer for under $100. For those keeping track at home that is $13.57 per season or $.66 per episode. If only I didn’t have most of the seasons all ready. Of course if you look and Buffy isn’t there then the deal is over (which will be sometime midnight PST). But there will be a new deal from now until Christmas. Now onto the self-congratulations.

A couple weeks ago I received an e-mail with the subject, “Comment on Your Blog (want to include it in my book)”. I am a little hesitant whenever I get something like this because they usually are shams. But after a couple e-mails back and forth with the author Vicky Zhou this one looks to be on the up and up. In fact here is what Vicky has to say about the book in her own words.


Scooter McGavin's 9th Green to Be Included In Top 500 Blogs

Back in the day, if you didn't know HTML, or code, you couldn't publish content on the web. Well, nowadays with tools such as Wordpress, and services like Blogspot, and Xanga, anyone.. yes anyone can tell the whole world what is on their mind through blogging.

But, there really isn't a robust way to search for the best blogs on any specific topic. Sure, there's Technorati, but what else? Besides, much of the World Wide Web is full of splogs, spam, and made-for-adsense blogs. And how many times have you read the same exact post over and over in different blogs?

That is why a project, listing the top blogs by general categories would prove useful. The book, titled “The Top 500 Blogs” is being written by relationship expert Vicky Zhou. From topics ranging from dating to technology, lifestyle, sports, music, health and fashion, the books aims to be a comprehensive list of the top 500 blogs on the World Wide Web.

The Top 500 Blogs will be out in bookstores in Q4 of 2008. Scooter McGavin's 9th Green will be included in the category of “Personal Blogs”, so keep an eye out for that!


(Scooter’s note: Whenever I get more news about the book, I’ll pass it along here. And don’t worry; when I am famous and all I’ll still have time for the little people. Well, at least I’ll try to.)

2 comments: