I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on NBC, Kattpacalypse, Alphas, Switched at Birth, Sons of Anarchy, a blind judo champion, Ball Up Streetball, the Screen Actors Guild, and You've Got a Friend.
- We are less than a month away from the strt of the fall television season and you can get you sneak peak at the upcoming NBC shows right now with the 2012 Primetime Preview hosted by star of Go On Matthew Perry.
- Anyone who needs a laugh this weekend should tune into Kattpacalypse premiering tomorrow at 10:00 on Showtime. Katt Williams will be taking on everything from Mitt Romney to the Michael Jackson murder trial. Maybe he will even explain why he went with the munchkin hairdo for the show.
- Alphas is now airing twice on Mondays. The first airing is at 8:00 and the second begins at 10:00. There will be an Alphas live chat at 8:00 on its Facebook page so you can discuss the new episode with your fellow Alphas fans. They will also be giving away two signed DVDs and two Alphas t-shirts to participants chosen at random during the chat. Head over to Alpha’s Facebook page to join the live chat visit the following
- Kathryn Kennish may be having trouble having her book published on her show, but you can read the first chapter of Switched at Birth over at ABCFamily.com and preorder the book, being released this Tuesday on Amazon.
- We are inching closer to the September 11 premiere of Sons of Anarchy and FX has released another promo for the fifth season where you can get a first look of gust star Jimmy Smits.
- The Olympics may be over but if you are still interested in inspiring stories in niche sports, head over to Take Part to learn about Jordan Mouton, a blind judo champion.
- But for those going through more traditional sports withdrawals, Fox Sports will be airing the new reality show Ball Up Streetball. The show will follow the Ball Up Streetball league as they cross the country in search of the next best street ball star with teams coached by former NBA players Shannon Brown, Sam Cassel and Kyle Lowry.
- The Screen Actors Guild recently announced that Dick van Dyke will be honored with the 2012 SAG Lifetime Achievement Award. The award show will air Sunday, January 27, 2013 (assuming the Mayans were wrong).
- New to DVD shelves this week: You’ve Got a Friend about Bobby Graham who is a twelve-year-old boy whose personal problems haven’t gotten in the way of his dream: to win the American Soapbox Derby Championship. With the odds against him, including his school foe and main competition in the race, Bobby is determined to prove himself with a personal best and unbeatable new self-confidence and stars John Schneider.