Thursday, August 05, 2010

The Most Anticipated Films of the Next Year


Last week’s Comic Con got me thinking of which movies I am most looking forward to and so I came up with this list. I did limit the list to movies with a release date within the next year (sorry Avengers, though it may not have made the list anyway because I have been more of a DC Comics guy, which begs the question, whatever happened to the Justice League movie). Here are the top ten I am most looking forward to (note release dates are subject to change).

10. Everything You’ve Got (December 17): I really do not know anything about this movie other than it reteams Reese Witherspoon and Paul Rudd. It’s only been twelve years since Overnight Delivery (everyone remembers that movie right?).

9. Green Hornet (January 14): Seth Rogan really would not be my first choice for any superhero, but let’s face it, Kato was always the star of the show anyway. And Michel Gondry (all the great White Stripes videos) directs.

8. Machete (September 3): The first two Grindhouse movies were cheesy, low-budget fun so expect much of the same from this one.

7. Let Me In (October 1): This isn’t you younger sister’s lame vampire flick. I have yet seem the Swedish movie this is based on due to my dislike of reading (though Let the Right One In is a much cooler title), but the critics raved about it and this version stars Hit Girl as the fanged one that requests the title phrase.

6. Easy A (September 17): Let’s go ahead and file this one under guilty pleasure already.



5. It’s Kind of a Funny Story (September 24): For those that jumped on the Zach Galifinakas bandwagon after The Hangover might be disappointed by this film (if so, wait for Due Date), but being a fan dating back to his VH1 show, I am much more excited about this that an overhyped blockbuster. Though Emma Robert’s hair looks way too good to be a mental patient (but not as egregious as Mila Kunis in The Book of Eli whose hair looked immaculate despite the lack of conditioner for most of her life).



4. Thor (May 6): As previously mentioned I do not care too much with the Marvel lineup of comic book heroes, but I was a fan of Adventures in Babysitters and the little girl (whatever happened to her?) was obsessed with Thor. Plus Natalie Portman returns to nerdom for the first time since Star Wars ended.

3. You Again (September 24): Sign me up for anything Kristen Bell does, no matter how cheesy it looks. And as an added bonus, Betty White, Kristin Chenowith and Victor Garber also star.



Sucker Punch (March 25): Hot chicks with guns in a mental hospital during the fifties? How exactly is this not number one? Oh yeah…



Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (August 13): Every once in a very rare while does something come out that you feel was written specifically for you. For me that has only happened twice: High Fidelity and Wonderfalls. From the look of the trailers, this movie may be the third.



No comments:

Post a Comment